[beanutils] porting fluent APIs from BU2 to BU

[beanutils] porting fluent APIs from BU2 to BU

Simone Tripodi-2
Hi all mates,

even if in a stealth mode, I still lurk the ML - unfortunately my recent
task at $work didn't let me so much energies/spare time for my hobbies
projects.

I really feel sorry for the abandoned status of BU2 but I just had the idea
to port, in a separate package, the fluent APIs to BU and wrapping the
existing BU classes.
WDYT? Is there any objection on that?

It should be good IMHO to

 * provide a new, different, tool to our BU users;

 * simplify the migration to BU2, when ready in the future.

WDYT?
All the best and have a nice weekend!
-Simo

http://twitter.com/simonetripodi

Re: [beanutils] porting fluent APIs from BU2 to BU

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hi Simo,

this is a nice idea, and I think it's doable for parts of the API. The
problem is, that it may require a lot of work and I don't see anybody who
has the time to do this currently :-) But if you jump into this, I think I
can help out here and there when I find the time.

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [beanutils] porting fluent APIs from BU2 to BU

Oliver Heger-3
Am 01.03.2014 18:37, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:

> Hi Simo,
>
> this is a nice idea, and I think it's doable for parts of the API. The
> problem is, that it may require a lot of work and I don't see anybody who
> has the time to do this currently :-) But if you jump into this, I think I
> can help out here and there when I find the time.
>
> Regards,
> Benedikt

I am not sure about this, also because of the energy required to make
the port happen. Wouldn't it be better to put this energy directly into BU2?

BU has many flaws and keeping it alive artificially is maybe not the
best option.

Oliver

>> Hi all mates,
>>
>> even if in a stealth mode, I still lurk the ML - unfortunately my recent
>> task at $work didn't let me so much energies/spare time for my hobbies
>> projects.
>>
>> I really feel sorry for the abandoned status of BU2 but I just had the idea
>> to port, in a separate package, the fluent APIs to BU and wrapping the
>> existing BU classes.
>> WDYT? Is there any objection on that?
>>
>> It should be good IMHO to
>>
>>  * provide a new, different, tool to our BU users;
>>
>>  * simplify the migration to BU2, when ready in the future.
>>
>> WDYT?
>> All the best and have a nice weekend!
>> -Simo

>> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi

Re: [beanutils] porting fluent APIs from BU2 to BU

Simone Tripodi-2
Hi Oliver!

> I am not sure about this, also because of the energy required to make
> the port happen. Wouldn't it be better to put this energy directly into
> BU2?

for "porting" I just meant enabling the fluent interfaces, ina  separated
package, which implementations just rely on existing BU core engine, i.e. a
they just collect parameters and invoke methods using BU.

Benefits I see are:

 * an easier/faster way to give our users new APIs and let them used to;

 * making easier the update to BU2, when/if it will be released.

> BU has many flaws and keeping it alive artificially is maybe not the
> best option.

Oliver

Alles Gute!
-Simo

http://twitter.com/simonetripodi

Re: [beanutils] porting fluent APIs from BU2 to BU

> Am 01.03.2014 18:37, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> > Hi Simo,
> >
> > this is a nice idea, and I think it's doable for parts of the API. The
> > problem is, that it may require a lot of work and I don't see anybody who
> > has the time to do this currently :-) But if you jump into this, I think
> > can help out here and there when I find the time.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Benedikt
> >

> I am not sure about this, also because of the energy required to make
> the port happen. Wouldn't it be better to put this energy directly into
> BU2?
>
> BU has many flaws and keeping it alive artificially is maybe not the
> best option.

As I said... If someone has the time and energy to do this, go for it :-)
It may probably be better to get BU2 out of the door.

Benedikt

> Oliver

> >> Hi all mates,
> >>
> >> even if in a stealth mode, I still lurk the ML - unfortunately my recent
> >> task at $work didn't let me so much energies/spare time for my hobbies
> >> projects.
> >>
> >> I really feel sorry for the abandoned status of BU2 but I just had the
> idea
> >> to port, in a separate package, the fluent APIs to BU and wrapping the
> >> existing BU classes.
> >> WDYT? Is there any objection on that?
> >>
> >> It should be good IMHO to
> >>
> >>  * provide a new, different, tool to our BU users;
> >>
> >>  * simplify the migration to BU2, when ready in the future.
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >> All the best and have a nice weekend!
> >> -Simo
> >>
> >> http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/
> >> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [beanutils] porting fluent APIs from BU2 to BU

André Diermann
Hi all,

with some guidance of you guys, I would like to help you with the porting.
Sounds interesting to me!

For instance, someone of you, with an overview of what to do in general,
need to specify the required steps to go in JIRA and I can go them for you
:)

Regards,
André

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Am 01.03.2014 18:37, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> > > Hi Simo,
> > >
> > > this is a nice idea, and I think it's doable for parts of the API. The
> > > problem is, that it may require a lot of work and I don't see anybody
> who
> > > has the time to do this currently :-) But if you jump into this, I
> think
> > > can help out here and there when I find the time.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Benedikt
> > >

> > I am not sure about this, also because of the energy required to make
> > the port happen. Wouldn't it be better to put this energy directly into
> > BU2?
> >
> > BU has many flaws and keeping it alive artificially is maybe not the
> > best option.
> >

> As I said... If someone has the time and energy to do this, go for it :-)
> It may probably be better to get BU2 out of the door.

bq. If someone has the time and energy to do this, go for it :-)