[codec] RAT check in Jenkins vs local

garydgregory
Hi All:

When I run a RAT check with 'mvn apache-rat:check', all is fine. When I run
the same kind of build as Jenkins with 'mvn clean package', all is fine.

Why does the Jenkins build fail its RAT check?

https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons-Codec/104/console

Re: [codec] RAT check in Jenkins vs local

Maxim Solodovnik
Maybe workspace wasn't cleaned and some generated file remain?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019, 21:06 Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> When I run a RAT check with 'mvn apache-rat:check', all is fine. When I run
> the same kind of build as Jenkins with 'mvn clean package', all is fine.
>
> Why does the Jenkins build fail its RAT check?
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons-Codec/104/console

Re: [codec] RAT check in Jenkins vs local

Maxim Solodovnik
My bad, haven't checked rat.txt (was from mobile)
bla.tar.xz is not recognized
I guess you can report this to rat JIRA and add this file to exclude
list to unblock builds ...

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [codec] RAT check in Jenkins vs local

That’s likely a consequence of this commit: https://github.com/apache/commons-parent/commit/30a0eaea5a3efb14f2e81bcae4aaf06ff9a91bd8 <https://github.com/apache/commons-parent/commit/30a0eaea5a3efb14f2e81bcae4aaf06ff9a91bd8>, but I dont’ have a good answer for you on the jenkins build yet. I’ve got to catch back up from yesterday’s roadshow event on my emails before I can get answers there.

-Rob