[codec][csv] release

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[codec][csv] release

garydgregory
Hi All,

There have been requests for Codec ad CSV to be released, so I plan on
getting to these soon.

First, we need to wrap up Collections 4.4 RC1.

Gary
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [codec][csv] release

Alex Herbert


> On 16 Jul 2019, at 21:46, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> There have been requests for Codec ad CSV to be released, so I plan on
> getting to these soon.

I have an outstanding PR for a bug CSV-247 [1] that requires a review.

There is also the major bug CSV-248 where the CSVRecord is not Serializable [2]. This requires a decision on what to do to fix it.

I also raised [3] the strange implementation of the CSVParser getHeaderNames() which ignores empty headers. Thus the list of header names may be shorter than the number of columns when the parser is configured to allow empty headers. I’ve not raised a bug ticket for this as it is open to opinion if this is by design or actually a bug. So requires some input from someone more familiar with the code and the history of this functionality.

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47 <https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47>

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248>

[3] https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6 <https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6>
>
> First, we need to wrap up Collections 4.4 RC1.
>
> Gary

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [codec][csv] release

garydgregory
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 5:37 PM Alex Herbert <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
>
> > On 16 Jul 2019, at 21:46, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > There have been requests for Codec ad CSV to be released, so I plan on
> > getting to these soon.
>
> I have an outstanding PR for a bug CSV-247 [1] that requires a review.
>
> There is also the major bug CSV-248 where the CSVRecord is not
> Serializable [2]. This requires a decision on what to do to fix it.
>
> I also raised [3] the strange implementation of the CSVParser
> getHeaderNames() which ignores empty headers. Thus the list of header names
> may be shorter than the number of columns when the parser is configured to
> allow empty headers. I’ve not raised a bug ticket for this as it is open to
> opinion if this is by design or actually a bug. So requires some input from
> someone more familiar with the code and the history of this functionality.
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47 <
> https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47>
>
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248>
>
> [3] https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6 <
> https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6>
> >
>

Yes we need to get to all of these CSV issues before a release...

Gary


> > First, we need to wrap up Collections 4.4 RC1.
> >
> > Gary
>
>