commons-exec

kkk

commons-exec

kkk
Hi:
What is the reason for using commons-exec?
Since I read the tutorial at :http://commons.apache.org/exec/tutorial.html.
It seems that the commons-exec just wrap the command string, it can solove
the space problem and etc.. However I do not think this is the reason, is
there other feature of commons-exec?

Re: commons-exec

sebb-2-2
On 30/01/2010, maven apache <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi:
>  What is the reason for using commons-exec?
>  Since I read the tutorial at :http://commons.apache.org/exec/tutorial.html.
>  It seems that the commons-exec just wrap the command string, it can solove
>  the space problem and etc.. However I do not think this is the reason, is
>  there other feature of commons-exec?

http://commons.apache.org/exec/index.html

Re: commons-exec

Siegfried Goeschl

correct - it wraps the existing Java API, adds some bells and whistles
and makes sure that this all runs on a wide range of OS and Java
versions - I assume that I need to update the documentation ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

maven apache wrote:
> Hi:
> What is the reason for using commons-exec?
> Since I read the tutorial at :http://commons.apache.org/exec/tutorial.html.
> It seems that the commons-exec just wrap the command string, it can solove
> the space problem and etc.. However I do not think this is the reason, is
> there other feature of commons-exec?

Re: commons-exec

Simone Tripodi
Hi Sigfried,
I take advance to notify you the homepage still reports "Jakarta Commons
Exec"... shouldn't be just "Commons Exec" instead?
Best regards,
Simo

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Siegfried Goeschl <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> correct - it wraps the existing Java API, adds some bells and whistles
> and makes sure that this all runs on a wide range of OS and Java
> versions - I assume that I need to update the documentation ... :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> maven apache wrote:
> > Hi:
> > What is the reason for using commons-exec?
> > Since I read the tutorial at :
> http://commons.apache.org/exec/tutorial.html.
> > It seems that the commons-exec just wrap the command string, it can
> solove
> > the space problem and etc.. However I do not think this is the reason, is
> > there other feature of commons-exec?

Re: commons-exec

Siegfried Goeschl
Hi Simone,