commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

Turan91
GitHub user Olloth opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2

    Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java

    Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.

    Windows 8 RTM is released, soon to be going out to consumers. Many people are already using it.

    The current version is 6.2.9200.16384 (RTM) and the string returned by the java property is "Windows 8" in accordance with 7 and other versions.

    $ git pull https://github.com/Olloth/commons-lang patch-1

    https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2.patch

----
commit f39454442d3baee7ff7473d9251bbf13f1a0113a
Author: Dalton J Pelc <[hidden email]>
Date:   2012-09-01T17:17:24-07:00

    Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java

    Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.

----

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

James Carman
Can you submit a JIRA and attach a SVN patch please?

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Olloth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> GitHub user Olloth opened a pull request:
>
>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2
>
>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>
>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>
>     Windows 8 RTM is released, soon to be going out to consumers. Many people are already using it.
>
>     The current version is 6.2.9200.16384 (RTM) and the string returned by the java property is "Windows 8" in accordance with 7 and other versions.
>
> You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
>
>     $ git pull https://github.com/Olloth/commons-lang patch-1
>
> Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
>
>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2.patch
>
> ----
> commit f39454442d3baee7ff7473d9251bbf13f1a0113a
> Author: Dalton J Pelc <[hidden email]>
> Date:   2012-09-01T17:17:24-07:00
>
>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>
>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>
> ----

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

The @since tag is wrong and there is no unit test. The feature is
trivial so it is likely not worth going round on the patch and some
one should just add the feature.

Gary

On Sep 1, 2012, at 20:19, Olloth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> GitHub user Olloth opened a pull request:
>
>    https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2
>
>    Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>
>    Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>
>    Windows 8 RTM is released, soon to be going out to consumers. Many people are already using it.
>
>    The current version is 6.2.9200.16384 (RTM) and the string returned by the java property is "Windows 8" in accordance with 7 and other versions.
>
> You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
>
>    $ git pull https://github.com/Olloth/commons-lang patch-1
>
> Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
>
>    https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2.patch
>
> ----
> commit f39454442d3baee7ff7473d9251bbf13f1a0113a
> Author: Dalton J Pelc <[hidden email]>
> Date:   2012-09-01T17:17:24-07:00
>
>    Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>
>    Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>
> ----

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

Henri Yandell
Cool to have a patch come in via github. Bear in mind there's nothing
to suggest Olloth is on the mailing list.

Hen

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you submit a JIRA and attach a SVN patch please?
>
> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Olloth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> GitHub user Olloth opened a pull request:
>>
>>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2
>>
>>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>>
>>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>>
>>     Windows 8 RTM is released, soon to be going out to consumers. Many people are already using it.
>>
>>     The current version is 6.2.9200.16384 (RTM) and the string returned by the java property is "Windows 8" in accordance with 7 and other versions.
>>
>> You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
>>
>>     $ git pull https://github.com/Olloth/commons-lang patch-1
>>
>> Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
>>
>>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2.patch
>>
>> ----
>> commit f39454442d3baee7ff7473d9251bbf13f1a0113a
>> Author: Dalton J Pelc <[hidden email]>
>> Date:   2012-09-01T17:17:24-07:00
>>
>>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>>
>>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>>
>> ----

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

James Carman
"Cool" as in "that's great that we're getting contributions from folks
via Github" or "cool" as in "it's cool to use patches via Github pull
requests, since there's an implied license grant"?

I agree that it's minor enough that any of us could just implement it
"from scratch" and just not worry.  Do any of us have a dev
environment set up on a windows 8 machine (or VM I guess) yet?

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cool to have a patch come in via github. Bear in mind there's nothing
> to suggest Olloth is on the mailing list.
>
> Hen
>
> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Can you submit a JIRA and attach a SVN patch please?
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Olloth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> GitHub user Olloth opened a pull request:
>>>
>>>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2
>>>
>>>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>>>
>>>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>>>
>>>     Windows 8 RTM is released, soon to be going out to consumers. Many people are already using it.
>>>
>>>     The current version is 6.2.9200.16384 (RTM) and the string returned by the java property is "Windows 8" in accordance with 7 and other versions.
>>>
>>> You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
>>>
>>>     $ git pull https://github.com/Olloth/commons-lang patch-1
>>>
>>> Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
>>>
>>>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2.patch
>>>
>>> ----
>>> commit f39454442d3baee7ff7473d9251bbf13f1a0113a
>>> Author: Dalton J Pelc <[hidden email]>
>>> Date:   2012-09-01T17:17:24-07:00
>>>
>>>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>>>
>>>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>>>
>>> ----

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

Henri Yandell
Both on the first question :) Not me on the second.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Cool" as in "that's great that we're getting contributions from folks
> via Github" or "cool" as in "it's cool to use patches via Github pull
> requests, since there's an implied license grant"?
>
> I agree that it's minor enough that any of us could just implement it
> "from scratch" and just not worry.  Do any of us have a dev
> environment set up on a windows 8 machine (or VM I guess) yet?
>
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Cool to have a patch come in via github. Bear in mind there's nothing
>> to suggest Olloth is on the mailing list.
>>
>> Hen
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Can you submit a JIRA and attach a SVN patch please?

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

James Carman
So, has the ASF said that github pull requests coming into our mailing
lists will suffice as far as granting the ASF license?

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Both on the first question :) Not me on the second.
>
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> "Cool" as in "that's great that we're getting contributions from folks
>> via Github" or "cool" as in "it's cool to use patches via Github pull
>> requests, since there's an implied license grant"?
>>
>> I agree that it's minor enough that any of us could just implement it
>> "from scratch" and just not worry.  Do any of us have a dev
>> environment set up on a windows 8 machine (or VM I guess) yet?
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Cool to have a patch come in via github. Bear in mind there's nothing
>>> to suggest Olloth is on the mailing list.
>>>
>>> Hen

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

Note: Windows 8 is version "6.2" per
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh848058%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Gary

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Olloth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> GitHub user Olloth opened a pull request:
>
>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2
>
>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>
>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>
>     Windows 8 RTM is released, soon to be going out to consumers. Many
> people are already using it.
>
>     The current version is 6.2.9200.16384 (RTM) and the string returned by
> the java property is "Windows 8" in accordance with 7 and other versions.
>
> You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
>
>     $ git pull https://github.com/Olloth/commons-lang patch-1
>
> Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
>
>     https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/2.patch
>
> ----
> commit f39454442d3baee7ff7473d9251bbf13f1a0113a
> Author: Dalton J Pelc <[hidden email]>
> Date:   2012-09-01T17:17:24-07:00
>
>     Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/SystemUtils.java
>
>     Updated SystemUtils to account for Windows 8.
>
> ----

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: commons-lang pull request: Update src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/Sy...

I just created the static independently from this pull request.
Committed revision 1380679 as [LANG-817].

Gary