commons logging + Jdk14Logger

sagun-2
hi,

I'm trying to use commons logging with the the Jdk14Logger
implementation. I have it working to some extent but I'm hitting one
issue that I think is due to an incorrect setting in my properties
file. So
I know my application is using
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger implementation because
when I run my application as:
java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -cp target/
foo.jar com.my.package.bar <option>

I see the logging configuration for Jdk14 working as I configure.

Both the "commons-logging.properties" and "logging.properties" are
under src/main/resources so they are in the classpath.

In  the commons-logging.properties file I have:

org
.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger
logger= org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger
logger.configuration.name=java.util.logging.config.file
logger.configuration.value=logging.properties

The last 3 lines is not correct, I believe, but I haven't been able to
figure what it should be.

Is it possible to configure commons-logging.properties to look at the
the properties and not read the non default JRE/lib/logging.properties
file without having to pass it in with command line options?

thanks,

Sagun

Re: commons logging + Jdk14Logger

ahardy66
I don't think that commons-logging will have any effect on the JDK logging
config, since that is fixed from start-up and can only be changed
programmatically afterwards, which is not how commons-logging works.