[commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming

chen zero
Hello,
First, I am appreciated that Apache create this great useful library,
I used it to download files from ftp server. however, since my network
connection is not stable, so, for  a big file, it can not download.

I patched the commons-net to support connection resuming,
and in my testing, passed.
I will submit a pull request on the https://github.com/apache/commons-net
If this is the right procedure to follow ?

Thanks!
chenzero

Re: [commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming

Pascal Schumacher
Hello Chenzero,

yes, that is the right procedure. Please also create an issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET and reference that in the pull
request title and in the commit message.

Thank you very much,
Pascal

Am 20.01.2018 um 11:55 schrieb chen zero:

> Hello,
> First, I am appreciated that Apache create this great useful library,
> I used it to download files from ftp server. however, since my network
> connection is not stable, so, for  a big file, it can not download.
>
> I patched the commons-net to support connection resuming,
> and in my testing, passed.
> I will submit a pull request on the https://github.com/apache/commons-net
> If this is the right procedure to follow ?
>
> Thanks!
> chenzero

Re: [commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming

chen zero
Hi Pascal,
When I access "https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET", it display:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Whether the server in maintenance,  or my network is problem ?
 (I tried refresh page in half an hour, all is "Service Unavailable")

chenzero

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hello Chenzero,
>
> yes, that is the right procedure. Please also create an issue at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET and reference that in the pull request
> title and in the commit message.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Pascal
>

> Am 20.01.2018 um 11:55 schrieb chen zero:
>
>> Hello,
>> First, I am appreciated that Apache create this great useful library,
>> I used it to download files from ftp server. however, since my network
>> connection is not stable, so, for  a big file, it can not download.
>>
>> I patched the commons-net to support connection resuming,
>> and in my testing, passed.
>> I will submit a pull request on the https://github.com/apache/commons-net
>> If this is the right procedure to follow ?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> chenzero

Re: [commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming

Pascal Schumacher
Hi chenzero,

got the same error one or two hours ago (so it was really maintenance or
some server problem). Now it works for me.

- Pascal

Am 20.01.2018 um 14:07 schrieb chen zero:

> Hi Pascal,
> When I access "https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET", it display:
>
> Service Unavailable
> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
> downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>
> Whether the server in maintenance,  or my network is problem ?
>   (I tried refresh page in half an hour, all is "Service Unavailable")
>
> chenzero
>

> On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>> Hello Chenzero,
>>
>> yes, that is the right procedure. Please also create an issue at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET and reference that in the pull request
>> title and in the commit message.
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>> Pascal
>>

>> Am 20.01.2018 um 11:55 schrieb chen zero:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> First, I am appreciated that Apache create this great useful library,
>>> I used it to download files from ftp server. however, since my network
>>> connection is not stable, so, for  a big file, it can not download.
>>>
>>> I patched the commons-net to support connection resuming,
>>> and in my testing, passed.
>>> I will submit a pull request on the https://github.com/apache/commons-net
>>> If this is the right procedure to follow ?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> chenzero

Re: [commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming

chen zero
Hi Pascal,
Thanks!
I have created the jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-652
and submitted the pull request on the github.

Best Regards,
chenzero

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 10:11 PM, Pascal Schumacher <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi chenzero,
>
> got the same error one or two hours ago (so it was really maintenance or
> some server problem). Now it works for me.
>
> - Pascal
>

> Am 20.01.2018 um 14:07 schrieb chen zero:
>
>> Hi Pascal,
>> When I access "https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET", it display:
>>
>> Service Unavailable
>> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
>> maintenance
>> downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>>
>> Whether the server in maintenance,  or my network is problem ?
>>   (I tried refresh page in half an hour, all is "Service Unavailable")
>>
>> chenzero
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Pascal Schumacher <
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hello Chenzero,
>>>
>>> yes, that is the right procedure. Please also create an issue at
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET and reference that in the pull
>>> request
>>> title and in the commit message.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much,
>>> Pascal
>>>

>>> Am 20.01.2018 um 11:55 schrieb chen zero:
>>>
>>> Hello,

AW: [commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming

Naber, Peter
Hello Chenzero,

do you have commit the patch into the repository. If no, could you please post the patch, that I am able to patch my locale library.

Regards,

Pepe

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
and submitted the pull request on the github.

Best Regards,
chenzero

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 10:11 PM, Pascal Schumacher < [hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi chenzero,
>
> got the same error one or two hours ago (so it was really maintenance
> or some server problem). Now it works for me.
>
> - Pascal
>

> Am 20.01.2018 um 14:07 schrieb chen zero:
>
>> Hi Pascal,
>> When I access "https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET", it display:
>>
>> Service Unavailable
>> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
>> maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>>
>> Whether the server in maintenance,  or my network is problem ?
>>   (I tried refresh page in half an hour, all is "Service
>> Unavailable")
>>
>> chenzero
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Pascal Schumacher <
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hello Chenzero,
>>>
>>> yes, that is the right procedure. Please also create an issue at
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/NET and reference that in the pull
>>> request title and in the commit message.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much,
>>> Pascal
>>>

>>> Am 20.01.2018 um 11:55 schrieb chen zero:
>>>
>>> Hello,

Re: [commons-net] Ftp Connection Resuming

Pascal Schumacher
Hi Pepe,

you can get the patch at
https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/apache/commons-net/pull/29.patch