[configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

[configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

Andreas Kuhtz
Hello,

Is there a planned release date for commons-configuration2 or is a SNAPSHOT
available in a public maven repo?

I would like to use the YAML configuration in my project.

Best regards,
Andreas

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

Pascal Schumacher
No idea if there are concrete plans for a release date of
commons-configuration 2.2 with the YAML feature.

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-configuration2/
should have a snapshots with the feature.

Kind regards,
Pascal

Am 26.09.2017 um 21:43 schrieb Andreas Kuhtz:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a planned release date for commons-configuration2 or is a SNAPSHOT
> available in a public maven repo?
>
> I would like to use the YAML configuration in my project.
>
> Best regards,
> Andreas

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

garydgregory
No plans that I know of... someone needs to go through JIRA and see if
there are any must dos...

Gary

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> No idea if there are concrete plans for a release date of
> commons-configuration 2.2 with the YAML feature.
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/a
> pache/commons/commons-configuration2/ should have a snapshots with the
> feature.
>
> Kind regards,
> Pascal
>

> Am 26.09.2017 um 21:43 schrieb Andreas Kuhtz:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a planned release date for commons-configuration2 or is a
>> SNAPSHOT
>> available in a public maven repo?
>>
>> I would like to use the YAML configuration in my project.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andreas

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

Pascal Schumacher
Sorry my response was less that clear. The public maven repo address is:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/

See: https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html#basic

Am 26.09.2017 um 21:56 schrieb Pascal Schumacher:

> No idea if there are concrete plans for a release date of
> commons-configuration 2.2 with the YAML feature.
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-configuration2/
> should have a snapshots with the feature.
>
> Kind regards,
> Pascal
>
> Am 26.09.2017 um 21:43 schrieb Andreas Kuhtz:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a planned release date for commons-configuration2 or is a
>> SNAPSHOT
>> available in a public maven repo?
>>
>> I would like to use the YAML configuration in my project.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andreas

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

Andreas Kuhtz
Thank you for the response.
I looked at http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ already, but there is
no 2.2-SNAPSHOT. If someone has permissions to publish the current
2.2-SNAPSHOT that would be great.
<http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/>

> Sorry my response was less that clear. The public maven repo address is:
> http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/
>
> See: https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html#basic
>

> Am 26.09.2017 um 21:56 schrieb Pascal Schumacher:
>
>> No idea if there are concrete plans for a release date of
>> commons-configuration 2.2 with the YAML feature.
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/a
>> pache/commons/commons-configuration2/ should have a snapshots with the
>> feature.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Pascal
>>
>> Am 26.09.2017 um 21:43 schrieb Andreas Kuhtz:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there a planned release date for commons-configuration2 or is a
>>> SNAPSHOT
>>> available in a public maven repo?
>>>
>>> I would like to use the YAML configuration in my project.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Andreas

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

garydgregory
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Andreas Kuhtz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you for the response.
> I looked at http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ already, but there is
> no 2.2-SNAPSHOT. If someone has permissions to publish the current
> 2.2-SNAPSHOT that would be great.

Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that. We have a release process
that requires a release manager from our team to volunteer and jump through
a bunch of hoops.

Gary

<http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/>

> > Sorry my response was less that clear. The public maven repo address is:
> > http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/
> >
> > See: https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html#basic
> >

> > Am 26.09.2017 um 21:56 schrieb Pascal Schumacher:
> >
> >> No idea if there are concrete plans for a release date of
> >> commons-configuration 2.2 with the YAML feature.
> >>
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/a
> >> pache/commons/commons-configuration2/ should have a snapshots with the
> >> feature.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Pascal

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

Andreas Kuhtz
Hi Gary,

I wasn't aware that pushing a SNAPSHOT build needs the release process will
all preparations to be executed, but I'll wait for the next release in this
case.
Thank you for all the good solutions that are provided by the configuration
team.

Andreas

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Andreas Kuhtz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the response.
> > I looked at http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ already, but there
> is
> > no 2.2-SNAPSHOT. If someone has permissions to publish the current
> > 2.2-SNAPSHOT that would be great.
> >

> Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that. We have a release process
> that requires a release manager from our team to volunteer and jump through
> a bunch of hoops.
>
> Gary
>
> <http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/>

> > > Sorry my response was less that clear. The public maven repo address
> is:
> > > http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/
> > >
> > > See: https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html#basic

> the

Re:Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

mingleizhang
It seems I can not directly convert a file to a java Properties class in this package. I hope it like this.

read(fileName: String): Properties

Rice.

At 2017-09-27 14:33:01, "Andreas Kuhtz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Gary,
>
>I wasn't aware that pushing a SNAPSHOT build needs the release process will
>all preparations to be executed, but I'll wait for the next release in this
>case.
>Thank you for all the good solutions that are provided by the configuration
>team.
>
>Andreas

>> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Andreas Kuhtz <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Thank you for the response.
>> > I looked at http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ already, but there
>> is
>> > no 2.2-SNAPSHOT. If someone has permissions to publish the current
>> > 2.2-SNAPSHOT that would be great.
>> >

>> Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that. We have a release process
>> that requires a release manager from our team to volunteer and jump through
>> a bunch of hoops.
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> <http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/>

>> is:

>> the

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

Oliver Heger-3

Am 27.09.2017 um 11:08 schrieb mingleizhang:
> It seems I can not directly convert a file to a java Properties class in this package. I hope it like this.
>

> read(fileName: String): Properties

Wouldn't Properties.load() do the trick?

Oliver

> Rice.
>

> At 2017-09-27 14:33:01, "Andreas Kuhtz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> I wasn't aware that pushing a SNAPSHOT build needs the release process will
>> all preparations to be executed, but I'll wait for the next release in this
>> case.
>> Thank you for all the good solutions that are provided by the configuration
>> team.
>>
>> Andreas

>>> is
>>>>

>>> Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that. We have a release process
>>> that requires a release manager from our team to volunteer and jump through
>>> a bunch of hoops.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>
>>> <http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/>

>>> is:

>>> the

Re:Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

mingleizhang
Thanks Oliver! But I would ask, what you said "Properties.load()" ? What kind of Properties you mean ? If java.util.Properties ? I think NO.... I want it returns type belongs to java.util.Properties as an output. and input is a file name.

/Rice

Am 27.09.2017 um 08:33 schrieb Andreas Kuhtz:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I wasn't aware that pushing a SNAPSHOT build needs the release process will
> all preparations to be executed, but I'll wait for the next release in this
> case.
> Thank you for all the good solutions that are provided by the configuration
> team.

For just uploading a SNAPSHOT, no release preparations should be
required. I have just done so, so you should now find a recent version
in the SNAPSHOT repository referred to by Pascal.

Regarding a release: This is indeed on my todo list, but not with
highest priority. I may need some more weeks until I get to it. (If a RM
is available earlier, that would be great.)

The codebase should be in a state that it can be released. There are no
blocking issues in Jira. We should, however, add the Java 9 module name.

Oliver

> Andreas

>> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Andreas Kuhtz <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for the response.
>>> I looked at http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ already, but there
>> is
>>> no 2.2-SNAPSHOT. If someone has permissions to publish the current
>>> 2.2-SNAPSHOT that would be great.
>>>

>> Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that. We have a release process
>> that requires a release manager from our team to volunteer and jump through
>> a bunch of hoops.
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> <http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/>

>> is:

>> the

Re: [configuration] Release date for commons-configuration2 ?

Andreas Kuhtz
Hi Oliver,
Thank you for the published SNAPSHOT build.

I've provided a JIRA issue and PR for the Java 9 module name:
https://github.com/apache/commons-configuration/pull/6

Cheers,
Andreas

Am 01.10.2017 um 14:23 schrieb Andreas Kuhtz:
> Hi Oliver,
> Thank you for the published SNAPSHOT build.
>
> I've provided a JIRA issue and PR for the Java 9 module name:
> https://github.com/apache/commons-configuration/pull/6

Many thanks!

I will have a look (probably in a few days).

Oliver