[crypto] Committer Support to Commons Crypto

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[crypto] Committer Support to Commons Crypto

Alex Remily
Are there any active committers on the commons-crypto project?  I've had a
PR outstanding for a few months that could result in a new release, but
crickets from any of my review requests.  Anyone?

https://github.com/apache/commons-crypto/pull/94
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [crypto] Committer Support to Commons Crypto

garydgregory
Hi Alex,

Indeed, there has not been much activity in Commons Crypto :-(

Anyone else care to comment on the PR?

Gary

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:21 PM Alex Remily <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are there any active committers on the commons-crypto project?  I've had a
> PR outstanding for a few months that could result in a new release, but
> crickets from any of my review requests.  Anyone?
>
> https://github.com/apache/commons-crypto/pull/94
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [crypto] Committer Support to Commons Crypto

Alex Remily
Thanks for the response Gary.  I'll point out to potential reviewers that
the native component of this project and some limitations of Travis
complicate the testing process.  Commons crypto provides a Java wrapper
around OpenSSL on Windows, OS X and Linux, so testing the PR involves
building and running tests on each of those environments.  In addition, the
PR I submitted adds support for OpenSSL 1.1.x as well as the original
1.0.x, so you're looking at running six separate builds, one for 1.1.x and
one for 1.0.x on each supported operating system.  I would very much
appreciate someone making the effort, but I do want any volunteer to
understand in advance the level of effort involved compared to a project
without a native code component.  I'm happy to lend a hand with environment
configuration in support of the review.

Alex

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 11:06 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Indeed, there has not been much activity in Commons Crypto :-(
>
> Anyone else care to comment on the PR?
>
> Gary
>
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:21 PM Alex Remily <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Are there any active committers on the commons-crypto project?  I've had
> a
> > PR outstanding for a few months that could result in a new release, but
> > crickets from any of my review requests.  Anyone?
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/commons-crypto/pull/94
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [crypto] Committer Support to Commons Crypto

garydgregory
Is anybody on this ML from the original [crypto] contributor?

Gary

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 5:53 PM Alex Remily <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the response Gary.  I'll point out to potential reviewers that
> the native component of this project and some limitations of Travis
> complicate the testing process.  Commons crypto provides a Java wrapper
> around OpenSSL on Windows, OS X and Linux, so testing the PR involves
> building and running tests on each of those environments.  In addition, the
> PR I submitted adds support for OpenSSL 1.1.x as well as the original
> 1.0.x, so you're looking at running six separate builds, one for 1.1.x and
> one for 1.0.x on each supported operating system.  I would very much
> appreciate someone making the effort, but I do want any volunteer to
> understand in advance the level of effort involved compared to a project
> without a native code component.  I'm happy to lend a hand with environment
> configuration in support of the review.
>
> Alex
>
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 11:06 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Indeed, there has not been much activity in Commons Crypto :-(
> >
> > Anyone else care to comment on the PR?
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:21 PM Alex Remily <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Are there any active committers on the commons-crypto project?  I've
> had
> > a
> > > PR outstanding for a few months that could result in a new release, but
> > > crickets from any of my review requests.  Anyone?
> > >
> > > https://github.com/apache/commons-crypto/pull/94
> > >
> >
>