The challenge is getting everything set up just right for building the
various OS profiles. This component is quite different in this regard,
getting help from the original contributors would be helpful.
After much fiddling to install the proper packages, this builds OK:
> Just checking in on the status of the 1.1 release.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] >
> I have:
> /mnt/c/git/commons-crypto# find /usr -name windows.h
> Case matters here, so I wonder if the original others did not cross
> from Linux and instead built a little here, a little there, and so on.
> I can see "-Ilib/inc_win" in the build but I am not sure where that is
> supposed to be...
I can't speak to how the original developers did the build, but all
the Windows builds that I did were on a Windows machine. I always
assumed that the original developers just manually packed the release
jar with artifacts from each supported environment. I never did any
investigation into the process. Is cobbling together a release in
that manner really a non-starter here?
Is there anything needed to help move this release along? From the
looks of the Makefile, Windows was using GCC. I don't think the
compiler is going to have much of an impact since the JNI bindings are
simply calling through to the OpenSSL library that is already
precompiled for the environment.
I took a bit of time to set up an x86 Ubuntu 14.04 VM via virtualbox
and vagrant, but it looks like the windows build is broken. There are
typos trying to include "Windows.h" which should be "windows.h" to
compile with mingw and redefined macros that I think are mixing
between Linux and windows headers. I won't be able to get to trying
to fix and submit any PRs on these this week or next. But anyone who
wants to try cross-compiling, here are the packages I installed to get
up and running minimally on Ubuntu:
On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 12:39 PM Geoffrey Blake <[hidden email]>
> I took a bit of time to set up an x86 Ubuntu 14.04 VM via virtualbox
> and vagrant, but it looks like the windows build is broken. There are
> typos trying to include "Windows.h" which should be "windows.h" to
Are you sure that this include is not referring the to Microsoft header,
for example, on my machine:
windows.h/Windows.h/WINDOWS.H are all names for the same file, on
Windows I've found out, the FS is case-insensitive. This is not true
on a Linux box though. I submitted a new PR to fix this and get
Windows builds working again on a Linux box, as well as testing that
windows artifacts will still build via Travis. Hopefully this can
unstick the release as you can now cross-compile everything save the
OSX shared-lib on one box by pointing Maven to the proper targets.
I'd recommend using MinGW. I installed it through brew on my Mac and cross
compiled the windows build with little difficulty. I expect a similar
experience on Linux. The MinGW install contains all the necessary windows