[daemon] - High memory consumption

Kenneth Vindum
Dear user list

I'm having a bit of trouble with memory consumption using procsrv.exe.
I've set the --JvmMX=4096 but the .exe process is consuming nearly 7GB of memory despite the fact that the JVM only consumed the requested 4GM. The remaining 3GB seems to be consumed by procsrv.exe

I can see in VisualVM that the JVM has registered the -Xmx4096m argument and are using the expected 4GB. But what can be causing the procsrv.exe to be using additionally 3GB? Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Kenneth Vindum

Re: [daemon] - High memory consumption

Mark Thomas
On 19/03/18 08:32, Kenneth Vindum wrote:
> Dear user list
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with memory consumption using procsrv.exe.
> I've set the --JvmMX=4096 but the .exe process is consuming nearly 7GB of memory despite the fact that the JVM only consumed the requested 4GM. The remaining 3GB seems to be consumed by procsrv.exe
>
> I can see in VisualVM that the JVM has registered the -Xmx4096m argument and are using the expected 4GB. But what can be causing the procsrv.exe to be using additionally 3GB? Any help will be appreciated.

The 4GB is just the Java object heap. The Java process also needs to
allocate memory for:
- Permanent Space
- Code Generation
- Socket Buffers
- Thread stacks
- Direct Memory Space
- JNI Code
- Garbage Collection
- JNI Allocated Memory

How much memory will be required for all of the above is highly
application dependent.

Mark