[daemon] Running jvsc directly.

Brendan McAndrew
Hello,
 I'm trying to run my application as a daemon using jvsc directly and implementing the below methods instead of implementing the Daemon class itself.  However if I try to invoke jvsc without including the commons-daemon.jar in the class path (as per the example below in the documentation)  I get the following error:

Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
java_init failed

Is it possible to use jvsc without including the commons-daemon.jar in the classpath?

Many thanks

Directly
Write a Class (MyClass) that implements the following methods:
*        void init(String[] arguments): Here open configuration files, create a trace file, create ServerSockets, Threads
*        void start(): Start the Thread, accept incoming connections
*        void stop(): Inform the Thread to terminate the run(), close the ServerSockets
*        void destroy(): Destroy any object created in init()
Store it in a jarfile and use as above:

./jsvc -cp my.jar MyClass

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient and may constitute non-public information. If you received this e-mail in error, disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Instead, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive any work product or other applicable legal privilege(s) by the transmission of this message.