[daemon] release 1.1.1?

garydgregory
Hi Mark and All:

I've seen a lot of commits lately in Daemon from Mark T.

Are you planning a release?

Re: [daemon] release 1.1.1?

Mark Thomas
On 03/05/2019 13:59, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi Mark and All:
>
> I've seen a lot of commits lately in Daemon from Mark T.
>
> Are you planning a release?

I am starting to think in that direction. There are still a handful of
Jira issues I want to look at first.

Given past experience with the Commons release process, I'd avoid it if
I could but that isn't an option in this case.

Mark

Re: [daemon] release 1.1.1?

Rob Tompkins

> On May 3, 2019, at 9:18 AM, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 03/05/2019 13:59, Gary Gregory wrote:
>> Hi Mark and All:
>>
>> I've seen a lot of commits lately in Daemon from Mark T.
>>
>> Are you planning a release?
>
> I am starting to think in that direction. There are still a handful of
> Jira issues I want to look at first.
>
> Given past experience with the Commons release process, I'd avoid it if
> I could but that isn't an option in this case.

Let me know if you want me to do the release dirty work. I’d be happy to.

-Rob

> Mark

Re: [daemon] release 1.1.1?

Mark Thomas
On 03/05/2019 14:20, Rob Tompkins wrote:

>> On May 3, 2019, at 9:18 AM, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 03/05/2019 13:59, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>> Hi Mark and All:
>>>
>>> I've seen a lot of commits lately in Daemon from Mark T.
>>>
>>> Are you planning a release?
>>
>> I am starting to think in that direction. There are still a handful of
>> Jira issues I want to look at first.
>>
>> Given past experience with the Commons release process, I'd avoid it if
>> I could but that isn't an option in this case.
>
> Let me know if you want me to do the release dirty work. I’d be happy to.

Thanks. I suspect I'll need to do at least the creation of the Windows
binaries a) because of the build environment and b) because they need to
be signed.

If you are able to answer questions as I go that will hopefully ease
most of the pain.

It looks like I updated the "HOWTO-RELEASE" when I did the last Daemon
release. That should mean the only difficulties are process changes
since ~Nov 2017.

Mark

Re: [daemon] release 1.1.1?

Rob Tompkins

> On May 3, 2019, at 9:25 AM, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I am starting to think in that direction. There are still a handful of
>>> Jira issues I want to look at first.
>>>
>>> Given past experience with the Commons release process, I'd avoid it if
>>> I could but that isn't an option in this case.
>>
>> Let me know if you want me to do the release dirty work. I’d be happy to.
>
> Thanks. I suspect I'll need to do at least the creation of the Windows
> binaries a) because of the build environment and b) because they need to
> be signed.
>
> If you are able to answer questions as I go that will hopefully ease
> most of the pain.

Just give me a little lead time on when you’re going to head towards cutting the release, and I’ll make sure I’m not too far AFK.

Also, if you wanted to do things the same way as in 2017, you can. I’ve only tried to make things down in the “Maven Tasks” section a tad easier. Furthermore, the sections above would be regarding building for windows and such would be new to me.

-Rob

> It looks like I updated the "HOWTO-RELEASE" when I did the last Daemon
> release. That should mean the only difficulties are process changes
> since ~Nov 2017.
>
> Mark

Re: [daemon] release 1.1.1?

Jonathan Gallimore
Having recently submitted a patch and getting your feedback, I'd love to
make the change requested and get that in to a release. I'm a really newbie
to project, but I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks

Jon