[dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

[dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

Carl Hall
Hi all,

I'd like to make a release of dbutils.  I've worked through the release
preparation guide[1] up to deploying the RC.  Rather expectedly, since this
is my first attempt at releasing, I'm not able to complete the `mvn deploy`
step.

```
Failed to transfer file:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/commons-dbutils/commons-dbutils/1.7/commons-dbutils-1.7.jar.
Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized.
```

Should I ask for write permission or should I ask someone else to manage
the release?

Thanks,
Carl

1 https://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

Re: [dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

garydgregory
Hi Carl,

As you already are an Apache Committer, I've added you to the Commons
Committers group, please try again in a few minutes.

Gary

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Carl Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to make a release of dbutils.  I've worked through the release
> preparation guide[1] up to deploying the RC.  Rather expectedly, since this
> is my first attempt at releasing, I'm not able to complete the `mvn deploy`
> step.
>
> ```
> Failed to transfer file:
> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/
> maven2/commons-dbutils/commons-dbutils/1.7/commons-dbutils-1.7.jar.
> Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized.
> ```
>
> Should I ask for write permission or should I ask someone else to manage
> the release?
>
> Thanks,
> Carl
>
> 1 https://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

Re: [dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

Carl Hall
Hey Gary,

Thanks for adding me, but I'm getting the same error message as before.  I
checked my profile in whimsy and I appear to be a committer on commons and
part of the "committers" group.
It might be completely unrelated, but Github and git.a.o aren't in sync
with git-wip-us.a.o.  Maybe some weirdo setup thing somewhere?

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> As you already are an Apache Committer, I've added you to the Commons
> Committers group, please try again in a few minutes.
>
> Gary
>
> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Carl Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to make a release of dbutils.  I've worked through the release
> > preparation guide[1] up to deploying the RC.  Rather expectedly, since
> this
> > is my first attempt at releasing, I'm not able to complete the `mvn
> deploy`
> > step.
> >
> > ```
> > Failed to transfer file:
> > https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/
> > maven2/commons-dbutils/commons-dbutils/1.7/commons-dbutils-1.7.jar.
> > Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized.
> > ```
> >
> > Should I ask for write permission or should I ask someone else to manage
> > the release?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Carl
> >
> > 1 https://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

Re: [dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

garydgregory
Are they in sync now? Make sure you have you Maven settings set up just so.
I think Maven has some docs on how to encrypted and save your passwords.

Gary

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Carl Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Gary,
>
> Thanks for adding me, but I'm getting the same error message as before.  I
> checked my profile in whimsy and I appear to be a committer on commons and
> part of the "committers" group.
> It might be completely unrelated, but Github and git.a.o aren't in sync
> with git-wip-us.a.o.  Maybe some weirdo setup thing somewhere?
>
> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Carl,
> >
> > As you already are an Apache Committer, I've added you to the Commons
> > Committers group, please try again in a few minutes.
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Carl Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'd like to make a release of dbutils.  I've worked through the release
> > > preparation guide[1] up to deploying the RC.  Rather expectedly, since
> > this
> > > is my first attempt at releasing, I'm not able to complete the `mvn
> > deploy`
> > > step.
> > >
> > > ```
> > > Failed to transfer file:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/
> > > maven2/commons-dbutils/commons-dbutils/1.7/commons-dbutils-1.7.jar.
> > > Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized.
> > > ```
> > >
> > > Should I ask for write permission or should I ask someone else to
> manage
> > > the release?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Carl
> > >
> > > 1 https://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

Re: [dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

Benedikt Ritter-4

> Am 11.07.2017 um 21:45 schrieb Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>:
>
> Are they in sync now? Make sure you have you Maven settings set up just so.
> I think Maven has some docs on how to encrypted and save your passwords.

Maybe it is still syncing with the old svn mirror repository. We probably need to create an INFRA issue to change the synchronization.

> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Carl Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Gary,
>>
>> Thanks for adding me, but I'm getting the same error message as before.  I
>> checked my profile in whimsy and I appear to be a committer on commons and
>> part of the "committers" group.
>> It might be completely unrelated, but Github and git.a.o aren't in sync
>> with git-wip-us.a.o.  Maybe some weirdo setup thing somewhere?
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Carl,
>>>
>>> As you already are an Apache Committer, I've added you to the Commons
>>> Committers group, please try again in a few minutes.
>>>
>>> Gary

>>> this
>>> deploy`

>> manage

Re: [dbutils] Preparing for Release; Questions

Carl Hall
Maven setup!  I dug through the pom parent chain to get the right server id
(apache.releases.https) and get my creds setup correctly.  I was able to
complete the deploy step, and am now working through the final steps.

Regarding syncing, nothing has changed.  I think Benedikt may be right
about filing a ticket.