[digester] doesn't call method

Arek-6
There is a program which reads configuration file using digester. Config
contains several properties. The program has been working over a year
using ibm jre 1.3.0 and stopped with jre 1.3.1 and higher
I found that one method is not called. If I add/change i.e. a single
case in the method name everything is ok
According to log file method setSelectServiceMethod is called but it's
true

2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax -
startElement(,,selectServiceMethod)
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -   Pushing body text ''
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -   New
match='config/selectServiceMethod'
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -   Fire begin() for
BeanPropertySetterRule[propertyName=selectServiceMethod]
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax -
characters(ByServiceTagName)
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax -
endElement(,,selectServiceMethod)
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -
match='config/selectServiceMethod'
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -   bodyText='ByServiceTagName'
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -   Fire body() for
BeanPropertySetterRule[propertyName=selectServiceMethod]
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -
[BeanPropertySetterRule]{config/selectServiceMethod} Called with text
'ByServiceTa
gName'
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -   Popping body text ''
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -   Fire end() for
BeanPropertySetterRule[propertyName=selectServiceMethod]
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester -
[BeanPropertySetterRule]{config/selectServiceMethod} Set
pl.ingnn.psc.avaya.config
IBMltRequstorConfig property selectServiceMethod with text
ByServiceTagName
2005-06-14 15:19:43,316 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax - ignorableWhitespace(

For others properties it is ok. I've written several application using
digester and never had any problem. I upgraded digester, beanutils to
to the newest

Re: [digester] doesn't call method

Simon Kitching
On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 11:49 +0200, arek wrote:
> There is a program which reads configuration file using digester. Config
> contains several properties. The program has been working over a year
> using ibm jre 1.3.0 and stopped with jre 1.3.1 and higher
> I found that one method is not called. If I add/change i.e. a single
> case in the method name everything is ok

You're using the BeanPropertySetterRule I think? This rule requires that
the property being set is a valid java bean property. You might want to
read the javabean spec and make sure you're complying.

For example if you have this:
  public int getCount();
  public void setCount(String);
then count is not officially a bean property AFAIK.

I can't think of anything else that might cause your problem. However if
you can put together a *small* test case that demonstrates the issue,
and attach it to a bugzilla entry I will have a look.

Regards,

Simon