[discovery] 0.3 release

Simon Kitching
Hi Rory,

As I said in an earlier email, I hope you don't mind me getting involved
in preparing for the Discovery release. No-one gave a -1...but I can
back out anything that you disagree with.

* I've checked the website (maven site:generate) and it all looks good.

* The release notes are complete, and there don't seem to be any
controversial changes since 0.2; all the patches seem reasonably
obvious.

* The unit tests all pass.

* project.properties has been updated so that no matter what JDK the
code is built with, a 1.1-compatible jar should result. Note, however,
that this doesn't check whether code uses libs not available in that JDK
distribution.

* there are quite a few errors reported when generating the javadoc,
  but I presume this is no worse than the 0.2 release, so personally
  I'm ok with releasing this as-is.

As far as I can see, it's now just a matter of creating a RC1 tag,
posting the jar and website somewhere, and calling a vote.

Of course I've never done a release before, so take that with a few
grains of salt :-)

Cheers,

Simon

Re: [discovery] 0.3 release

Rory Winston-3
Hi Simon,

Not at all, I appreciate your help. It all sounds good to me. I'm currently waiting for a final confirmation from Fernando as to whether 0.3 fulfills his needs, then we can tag and release. The vote has been  done already.

Cheers
Rory

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Rory,
>
> As I said in an earlier email, I hope you don't mind me getting involved
> in preparing for the Discovery release. No-one gave a -1...but I can
> back out anything that you disagree with.
>
> * I've checked the website (maven site:generate) and it all looks good.
>
> * The release notes are complete, and there don't seem to be any
> controversial changes since 0.2; all the patches seem reasonably
> obvious.
>
> * The unit tests all pass.
>
> * project.properties has been updated so that no matter what JDK the
> code is built with, a 1.1-compatible jar should result. Note, however,
> that this doesn't check whether code uses libs not available in that JDK
> distribution.
>
> * there are quite a few errors reported when generating the javadoc,
>   but I presume this is no worse than the 0.2 release, so personally
>   I'm ok with releasing this as-is.
>
> As far as I can see, it's now just a matter of creating a RC1 tag,
> posting the jar and website somewhere, and calling a vote.
>
> Of course I've never done a release before, so take that with a few
> grains of salt :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon

Re: [discovery] 0.3 release

Fernando Nasser
Good news.

 From Guillaume: "commons-discovery 0.3 is OK for me. I had used it for
my nightly test, and all is OK"

Cheers,
Fernando

Rory Winston wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Not at all, I appreciate your help. It all sounds good to me. I'm currently waiting for a final confirmation from Fernando as to whether 0.3 fulfills his needs, then we can tag and release. The vote has been  done already.
>
> Cheers
> Rory
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>

>>Hi Rory,
>>
>>As I said in an earlier email, I hope you don't mind me getting involved
>>in preparing for the Discovery release. No-one gave a -1...but I can
>>back out anything that you disagree with.
>>
>>* I've checked the website (maven site:generate) and it all looks good.
>>
>>* The release notes are complete, and there don't seem to be any
>>controversial changes since 0.2; all the patches seem reasonably
>>obvious.
>>
>>* The unit tests all pass.
>>
>>* project.properties has been updated so that no matter what JDK the
>>code is built with, a 1.1-compatible jar should result. Note, however,
>>that this doesn't check whether code uses libs not available in that JDK
>>distribution.
>>
>>* there are quite a few errors reported when generating the javadoc,
>>  but I presume this is no worse than the 0.2 release, so personally
>>  I'm ok with releasing this as-is.
>>
>>As far as I can see, it's now just a matter of creating a RC1 tag,
>>posting the jar and website somewhere, and calling a vote.
>>
>>Of course I've never done a release before, so take that with a few
>>grains of salt :-)
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Simon

Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  [hidden email]
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario   M4P 2C9