file upload + progress listener

Leonardo K
I've downloaded fileUpload 1.1.1

at http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/using.html

there is an example showing how to use a progress listener object

but I can't use the method

ServletFileUpload.setProgressListener(progressListener)

because I can't find where the class ProgressListener is

TIA

[]

Kenji

Re: file upload + progress listener

serff
It looks like that only exists in the nightly builds.  That is
frustrating...can I rant for a second?

Why is the javadoc on the main page pointing to non-released code?  the
javadoc should point to the currently released version.  And it would
also be nice if you guys (fileupload devs) could annotate your classes
with when they were added to the API.  Like "since 1.2."  That way, this
confusion wouldn't happen.

Ok, sorry for the rant...In any case Kenji, get the latest development
version.  Hope that helps.

Andrew

Leonardo Kenji Shikida wrote:

> I've downloaded fileUpload 1.1.1
>
> at http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/using.html
>
> there is an example showing how to use a progress listener object
>
> but I can't use the method
>
> ServletFileUpload.setProgressListener(progressListener)
>
> because I can't find where the class ProgressListener is
>
> TIA
>
> []
>
> Kenji

Re: file upload + progress listener

Henri Yandell
On 10/19/06, Andrew Serff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It looks like that only exists in the nightly builds.  That is
> frustrating...can I rant for a second?
>
> Why is the javadoc on the main page pointing to non-released code?  the
> javadoc should point to the currently released version.  And it would
> also be nice if you guys (fileupload devs) could annotate your classes
> with when they were added to the API.  Like "since 1.2."  That way, this
> confusion wouldn't happen.

Agreed. Here's my proposed solution:

http://people.apache.org/~bayard/multidoc-jnr/

Just updated it with a bunch more versions.

Hen

Re: file upload + progress listener

serff
That's pretty cool, except it doesn't have a current dev version of the
java doc as well.

Andrew
Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 10/19/06, Andrew Serff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It looks like that only exists in the nightly builds.  That is
>> frustrating...can I rant for a second?
>>
>> Why is the javadoc on the main page pointing to non-released code?  the
>> javadoc should point to the currently released version.  And it would
>> also be nice if you guys (fileupload devs) could annotate your classes
>> with when they were added to the API.  Like "since 1.2."  That way, this
>> confusion wouldn't happen.
>
> Agreed. Here's my proposed solution:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bayard/multidoc-jnr/
>
> Just updated it with a bunch more versions.
>
> Hen

Re: file upload + progress listener

Henri Yandell
Yeah, it wouldn't be terrible to add, but I think that current dev
javadoc is a feature of the CI system and not of websites or
documentation. So a mental note to look into adding javadoc generation
to Phil's nightly build stuff.

Hen