[imaging] Almost ready for a 1.0 alpha vote

[imaging] Almost ready for a 1.0 alpha vote

Bruno P. Kinoshita-3
Hi,

All issues for 1.0 are now fixed. Thanks for the reviews/comments and for putting up with my messages about debug & other pending issues for a 1.0 release (:

It was suggested to cut a 1.0-alpha prior to a full 1.0 release, and I have no objection for that. So I've created a local branch `release`, started reading the documentation for preparing a release and also for the new commons release plugin (looks great so far!!!).

As I am almost running out of time before starting a new project at work$, I will try to call the vote in the next days. Otherwise, I will try again in a couple of months.

Cheers
Bruno