[imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release

Bruno P. Kinoshita-2
Hi all,

I am almost done following the docs to prepare a release. Didn't struggle as much as I expected with the release-plugin. Had more trouble getting the MANIFEST.MF entries corrected.

But now, before I create the dist tag, and upload the zip/tar.gz (this was not executed by the release plugin because... it's a project that uses assembly plugin I think), I would like to confirm a few things

- The version release is 1.0-alpha
- The changes.xml is for 1.0. I found that commons-lang appears to have had a 3.0-beta. The changes.xml contains the entries for 3.0, with an HTML comment showing which changes were added post 3.0-beta. So I did the same for imaging
- RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
- What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to have a few places showing 1.0?

I have time to work on the RC1 vote until Monday NZ time this week. So if I manage to get these points sorted, we might be able to call the RC1 vote, and leave it running until the next weekend - or cancel it during the week in case of an error, and then I could prepare RC2 next weekend I think.


Thanks!
Bruno

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release

garydgregory
I would call it "alpha1" instead of just "alpha".

Gary

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 06:58 Bruno P. Kinoshita <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am almost done following the docs to prepare a release. Didn't struggle
> as much as I expected with the release-plugin. Had more trouble getting the
> MANIFEST.MF entries corrected.
>
> But now, before I create the dist tag, and upload the zip/tar.gz (this was
> not executed by the release plugin because... it's a project that uses
> assembly plugin I think), I would like to confirm a few things
>
> - The version release is 1.0-alpha
> - The changes.xml is for 1.0. I found that commons-lang appears to have
> had a 3.0-beta. The changes.xml contains the entries for 3.0, with an HTML
> comment showing which changes were added post 3.0-beta. So I did the same
> for imaging
> - RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
> - What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to
> have a few places showing 1.0?
>
> I have time to work on the RC1 vote until Monday NZ time this week. So if
> I manage to get these points sorted, we might be able to call the RC1 vote,
> and leave it running until the next weekend - or cancel it during the week
> in case of an error, and then I could prepare RC2 next weekend I think.
>
>
> Thanks!
> Bruno
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release

Bruno P. Kinoshita-2
Thanks Gary. Had a bit of spare time today, so tried preparing a new release as alpha1.

Still have a few questions from last e-mail pending, but will call the vote anyway and just re-roll a rc2 later if necessary.


>- RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
>- What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to have a few places showing 1.0?



Vote e-mail coming in a few minutes (hopefully).

Cheers
Bruno




________________________________
From: Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
To: Commons Developers List <[hidden email]>; Bruno P. Kinoshita <[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, 9 September 2018 1:47 AM
Subject: Re: [imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release



I would call it "alpha1" instead of just "alpha".

Gary

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 06:58 Bruno P. Kinoshita <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

>
>I am almost done following the docs to prepare a release. Didn't struggle as much as I expected with the release-plugin. Had more trouble getting the MANIFEST.MF entries corrected.
>
>But now, before I create the dist tag, and upload the zip/tar.gz (this was not executed by the release plugin because... it's a project that uses assembly plugin I think), I would like to confirm a few things
>
>- The version release is 1.0-alpha
>- The changes.xml is for 1.0. I found that commons-lang appears to have had a 3.0-beta. The changes.xml contains the entries for 3.0, with an HTML comment showing which changes were added post 3.0-beta. So I did the same for imaging
>- RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
>- What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to have a few places showing 1.0?
>
>I have time to work on the RC1 vote until Monday NZ time this week. So if I manage to get these points sorted, we might be able to call the RC1 vote, and leave it running until the next weekend - or cancel it during the week in case of an error, and then I could prepare RC2 next weekend I think.
>
>
>Thanks!
>Bruno
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]