[io][fileupload] Releasing...?

Henri Yandell
Couple of things.

1) Should FileUpload wait on IO to release before releasing?

2) Does this issue impact either release:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO-99

Hen

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

jochen-2
On 11/17/06, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1) Should FileUpload wait on IO to release before releasing?

Time frame?

> 2) Does this issue impact either release:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO-99

IMO, it doesn't. The situation sounds somewhat exotic and it is not
even confirmed.

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

Stephen Colebourne
IO 1.3 is about ready to go. I am in the process of moving laptops ATM and hoping that my old laptop hasn't completely died so I can extract everything off it.

Stephen

On 11/18/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> IO 1.3 is about ready to go. I am in the process of moving laptops ATM and hoping that my old laptop hasn't completely died so I can extract everything off it.

Ok, I need to restart the fileuploads vote anyways (lack of response,
in particular from PMC members), so we can as well wait for 1.3.

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

Henri Yandell
If it helps, I'm happy to volunteer to do the RM stuff. I don't know
if you have code on your laptop you're waiting to check in.

Looks like we have the one issue to resolve (to which Jochen has a
patch), and then we can start building etc.

Hen

On 11/17/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> IO 1.3 is about ready to go. I am in the process of moving laptops ATM and hoping that my old laptop hasn't completely died so I can extract everything off it.
>
> Stephen

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

Stephen Colebourne
The release is now waiting on confirmation that IO-99 solves the
classloader issues. However, that seems to be outside [io] control.

I would do the release, but being in Javapolis next week may mean
restricted web access for me. Especially as I'm not yet fully back up
and running following my new laptop purchase ;-)

That said, the release should be point and click - ant (JDK1.3) for the
jar, and maven for the site. So, if you want to start it, feel free.

Stephen

Henri Yandell wrote:

> If it helps, I'm happy to volunteer to do the RM stuff. I don't know
> if you have code on your laptop you're waiting to check in.
>
> Looks like we have the one issue to resolve (to which Jochen has a
> patch), and then we can start building etc.
>
> Hen
>
> On 11/17/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> IO 1.3 is about ready to go. I am in the process of moving laptops ATM
>> and hoping that my old laptop hasn't completely died so I can extract
>> everything off it.
>>
>> Stephen

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

Henri Yandell
On 12/5/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The release is now waiting on confirmation that IO-99 solves the
> classloader issues. However, that seems to be outside [io] control.

I'd like to add IO-101 to 1.3, and the minor EndianUtils findbug issue
I emailed about (I'll put that in JIRA so I don't lose it).

> I would do the release, but being in Javapolis next week may mean
> restricted web access for me.

*jealous*

> Especially as I'm not yet fully back up
> and running following my new laptop purchase ;-)

I've been bouncing around machines so much in the last year that it
seems to take no time at all to get back up and running.

> That said, the release should be point and click - ant (JDK1.3) for the
> jar, and maven for the site. So, if you want to start it, feel free.

Can do. Are you happy releasing with the IO-99 fix? Or do we need to
get FileUpload updated against the nightly and the user testing out
the two nightly jars before pushing the two releases?

Hen

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

Stephen Colebourne
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 12/5/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The release is now waiting on confirmation that IO-99 solves the
>> classloader issues. However, that seems to be outside [io] control.
>
> I'd like to add IO-101 to 1.3, and the minor EndianUtils findbug issue
> I emailed about (I'll put that in JIRA so I don't lose it).

+1

>> That said, the release should be point and click - ant (JDK1.3) for the
>> jar, and maven for the site. So, if you want to start it, feel free.
>
> Can do. Are you happy releasing with the IO-99 fix? Or do we need to
> get FileUpload updated against the nightly and the user testing out
> the two nightly jars before pushing the two releases?

I think we need some sort of confirmation if possible about IO-99. Its
quite a complex change.

Stephen

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

jochen-2
On 12/6/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I'd like to add IO-101 to 1.3, and the minor EndianUtils findbug issue
> > I emailed about (I'll put that in JIRA so I don't lose it).
>
> +1

IO-101 is closed.

> I think we need some sort of confirmation if possible about IO-99. Its
> quite a complex change.

Two weeks gone, no confirmation. And I do not think that the patch is
very complex.

Jochen

Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> I think we need some sort of confirmation if possible about IO-99. Its
>> quite a complex change.
>
> Two weeks gone, no confirmation. And I do not think that the patch is
> very complex.

Have you done a visual code inspection? I would like some feedback on
whether the change works or not.

Stephen

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

jochen-2
On 12/20/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have you done a visual code inspection? I would like some feedback on
> whether the change works or not.

No, I was the one who created the patch. :-)

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)

Re: [io][fileupload] Releasing...?

Stephen Colebourne
> > On 12/20/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Have you done a visual code inspection? I would like some feedback on

> > whether the change works or not.
> No, I was the one who created the patch. :-)

Ah, but I altered the patch while committing...

Stephen