[javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Kohsuke Kawaguchi-2

Torsten,

I've updated some of the documents, and I'd like to push them to the
website [1]. Would it be OK if I do that, or would you like to check
things first?

I also noticed that some of the other commons-sandbox projects (like
commons-id [2]) are publishing nightly builds. I think it's good if we
can do the same --- do you know how we can set one up?

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/javaflow/
[2] http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-id/
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Torsten Curdt

> Torsten,
>
> I've updated some of the documents,

Great!

> and I'd like to push them to the website [1]. Would it be OK if I
> do that, or would you like to check things first?

Nah, no worries ...I will crosscheck later on

Just pushed out a new website.
Should be online within a few hours.

> I also noticed that some of the other commons-sandbox projects
> (like commons-id [2]) are publishing nightly builds. I think it's
> good if we can do the same --- do you know how we can set one up?

No idea ...guys?

cheers
--
Torsten

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Rahul Akolkar
On 10/20/05, Torsten Curdt <[hidden email]> wrote:
<snip/>
> > I also noticed that some of the other commons-sandbox projects
> > (like commons-id [2]) are publishing nightly builds. I think it's
> > good if we can do the same --- do you know how we can set one up?
>
> No idea ...guys?

<snap/>

This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
for [javaflow].

-Rahul

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=112673819208106&w=2

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Torsten Curdt
> This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
> indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
> for [javaflow].

Cool, thanks!

cheers

Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
>> indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
>> for [javaflow].
>
> Cool, thanks!

Can we write a quick Ant build script that invokes Maven and get away
with it? Or do we need to reproduce the entire build process in Ant?

Maybe I should check what other projects are doing...

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

craigmcc
On 10/20/05, Rahul Akolkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/20/05, Torsten Curdt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> <snip/>
> > > I also noticed that some of the other commons-sandbox projects
> > > (like commons-id [2]) are publishing nightly builds. I think it's
> > > good if we can do the same --- do you know how we can set one up?
> >
> > No idea ...guys?
> >
> <snap/>
>
> This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
> indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
> for [javaflow].

Regarding how to set up an appropriate Ant build.xml file ... the simplest
way is to ask Maven to create one for you:

maven ant

and then check it in. Unless there's something pretty strange about your
project setup, this Ant script will have equivalent functionality, such that
"ant clean dist" (which is what my nightly build scripts need in order to
operate) will result in a "dist" subdirectory containing the contents that
you want packaged in a binary release.

Craig

-Rahul

On 10/21/05, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >> This email [1] may help. Once you have the ant build set up as
> >> indicated (if its not already), you should send out a similar email
> >> for [javaflow].
> >
> > Cool, thanks!
>
> Can we write a quick Ant build script that invokes Maven and get away
> with it? Or do we need to reproduce the entire build process in Ant?
>
> Maybe I should check what other projects are doing...
<snip/>

Tried this? [ http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/ant/ ]

-Rahul

Re: [javaflow] Pushing new javaflow website

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Aaa, I shall praise the mighty power of Maven...