[jelly] Support for multiple build tools

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jelly] Support for multiple build tools

Oliver Heger-3
Hi,

locally I reworked the build of Jelly core to follow the Maven standard
layout. This of course renders all other build files dysfunctional.

Are there any objections to drop these files? Maven 1 is probably no
longer in use anywhere. Most other Commons components have already
dropped their ant builds.

Oliver

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jelly] Support for multiple build tools

Benedikt Ritter-4
+1, drop that stuff!

Oliver Heger <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di. 13. Juni 2017 um
20:52:

> Hi,
>
> locally I reworked the build of Jelly core to follow the Maven standard
> layout. This of course renders all other build files dysfunctional.
>
> Are there any objections to drop these files? Maven 1 is probably no
> longer in use anywhere. Most other Commons components have already
> dropped their ant builds.
>
> Oliver
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jelly] Support for multiple build tools

Bruno P. Kinoshita-3
+1


________________________________
From: Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>
To: Commons Developers List <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, 14 June 2017 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [jelly] Support for multiple build tools



+1, drop that stuff!

Oliver Heger <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di. 13. Juni 2017 um
20:52:


> Hi,
>
> locally I reworked the build of Jelly core to follow the Maven standard
> layout. This of course renders all other build files dysfunctional.
>
> Are there any objections to drop these files? Maven 1 is probably no
> longer in use anywhere. Most other Commons components have already
> dropped their ant builds.
>
> Oliver
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jelly] Support for multiple build tools

Amey Jadiye
In reply to this post by Oliver Heger-3
+1

Regards,
Amey

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017, 12:22 AM Oliver Heger <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> locally I reworked the build of Jelly core to follow the Maven standard
> layout. This of course renders all other build files dysfunctional.
>
> Are there any objections to drop these files? Maven 1 is probably no
> longer in use anywhere. Most other Commons components have already
> dropped their ant builds.
>
> Oliver
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jelly] Support for multiple build tools

Jörg Schaible-5
In reply to this post by Oliver Heger-3
Hi Oliver,

Oliver Heger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> locally I reworked the build of Jelly core to follow the Maven standard
> layout. This of course renders all other build files dysfunctional.
>
> Are there any objections to drop these files? Maven 1 is probably no
> longer in use anywhere. Most other Commons components have already
> dropped their ant builds.

drop them. It makes no sense to keep the conmfiguration for multiple build
systems in sync.

- Jörg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [jelly] Support for multiple build tools

Oliver Heger-3
Hi,

Am 14.06.2017 um 09:57 schrieb Jörg Schaible:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> Oliver Heger wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> locally I reworked the build of Jelly core to follow the Maven standard
>> layout. This of course renders all other build files dysfunctional.
>>
>> Are there any objections to drop these files? Maven 1 is probably no
>> longer in use anywhere. Most other Commons components have already
>> dropped their ant builds.
>
> drop them. It makes no sense to keep the conmfiguration for multiple build
> systems in sync.
>
> - Jörg
>

thanks for the feedback. The files were dropped. The core component now
only supports Maven 3. The tag libs are still to be done.

Oliver

>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]