[jelly] Where are the taglibs

Dr. Michael Lipp
Hi,

I just saw that Jelly 1.0 is out and wanted to update. But I cannot find
the "additional" tag libraries anywhere (e.g. sql, jstl ...). Does
anybody know where thay have gone to?

Regards,

    Michael

RE: [jelly] Where are the taglibs

Kees van Dieren-3
They are included in the binary of jelly 1.0 (in the lib dir)

Kind regards,

Kees van Dieren
Senior Software Engineer

MP Objects Supply Chain Software
Stationsplein 45
3013 AK Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Post address:
Postbus 29126
3001 GC Rotterdam

Mobile: +31 (0)6-43068619
Phone: +31 (0)10-2900304

Kees van Dieren wrote:
> They are included in the binary of jelly 1.0 (in the lib dir)

Thanks, but only *some* libraries are there. The ones I'm looking for
(commons-jelly-tags-sql.jar, commons-jelly-tags-jstl.jar ...) are
missing (though the tags are documented on the Jelly pages).

Regards,

    Michael

RE: [jelly] Where are the taglibs

Kees van Dieren-3
The tutorial advices to build jelly from source.

In the menu a download link for each tag library itself, is available

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/sql/downloads.html

Kees van Dieren wrote:
> The tutorial advices to build jelly from source.

Mmh, but the jelly 1.0 source doesn't include the "additional" tag
libraries neither...

> In the menu a download link for each tag library itself, is available
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/sql/downloads.html

This is true for "sql", it is not e.g. for "jsl" and "xml" (I didn't
check every library).

I don't know if you are a member of the jelly project team, but some
prominent hints in the documentation would really help. I have
eventually resorted to checking out the commons-jelly-1.0 branch from
SVN and compiled the libraries I need, but not everybody will make the
effort. And this is a pity because I think Jelly comes in handy for
various XML related tasks.

Regards

    Michael

RE: [jelly] Where are the taglibs

Kees van Dieren-3
I'm not one of the project members, but I just like the power of Jelly.

I've found a 'trick' to download missing tag libs:
The sql binary link is
:http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly
-tags-sql-1.0.jar

Replace sql in the url with the library you wish (I've tested xml, jsl) and
it works.

I agree that download url's have to be fixed somewhat. I'll send this
message also to one of the team members.

Kind regards,

Kees van Dieren
Senior Software Engineer

MP Objects Supply Chain Software
Stationsplein 45
3013 AK Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Post address:
Postbus 29126
3001 GC Rotterdam

Mobile: +31 (0)6-43068619
Phone: +31 (0)10-2900304
> The tutorial advices to build jelly from source.

Mmh, but the jelly 1.0 source doesn't include the "additional" tag libraries
neither...

> In the menu a download link for each tag library itself, is available
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/sql/downloads.html

This is true for "sql", it is not e.g. for "jsl" and "xml" (I didn't check
every library).

I don't know if you are a member of the jelly project team, but some
prominent hints in the documentation would really help. I have eventually
resorted to checking out the commons-jelly-1.0 branch from SVN and compiled
the libraries I need, but not everybody will make the effort. And this is a
pity because I think Jelly comes in handy for various XML related tasks.

Regards

    Michael

Re: [jelly] Where are the taglibs

Paul Libbrecht
The reason they aren't there is that they are depending on
non-distributable jars (e.g. with funky licenses)... so thus far, this
is the only thing we could do.

paul