jelly : future far from Maven 2 ?

Hale India
Hi

I am using jelly for our project :
http://compiere-mfgscm.sourceforge.net/

We made a plugin layer similar to maven plugins layer.
Our plugins are working good. We currently use them from Jini services
and it is quite nice.

Our question is must we move to marmalade ?

To answer this we would like to know :

Will jelly be supported on long term ?
Why maven made the move ?

I personaly feel that all hat moves : ant to maven, cvs to subversion,
jelly to marmalade where people create news peojects instead of
contributing to improve existing one, all these moves are not a big
advantage for open source.

Already my ISP does not support Linux because instead of having one good
linuxconf they have many "proprietary" configuration tools.

Thanks for any answers to my questions

Andre

Re: jelly : future far from Maven 2 ?

Dion Gillard-2
On 6/24/05, A Leg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using jelly for our project :
> http://compiere-mfgscm.sourceforge.net/
>
> We made a plugin layer similar to maven plugins layer.
> Our plugins are working good. We currently use them from Jini services
> and it is quite nice.
>
> Our question is must we move to marmalade ?

Why would you?

> To answer this we would like to know :
>
> Will jelly be supported on long term ?
Yes. There are many of us using it outside of Maven. The original
author abandoned it a long time ago, and it still moves on.

> Why maven made the move ?
Talk to the maven2 team.

> I personaly feel that all hat moves : ant to maven, cvs to subversion,
> jelly to marmalade where people create news peojects instead of
> contributing to improve existing one, all these moves are not a big
> advantage for open source.
>
> Already my ISP does not support Linux because instead of having one good
> linuxconf they have many "proprietary" configuration tools.
>
> Thanks for any answers to my questions
>
> Andre

Bernard Shaw

Re: jelly : future far from Maven 2 ?

Hale India
Hi Dion

Very nice to answer

Dion Gillard wrote:

>On 6/24/05, A Leg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I am using jelly for our project :
>>http://compiere-mfgscm.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>We made a plugin layer similar to maven plugins layer.
>>Our plugins are working good. We currently use them from Jini services
>>and it is quite nice.
>>
>>Our question is must we move to marmalade ?
>>

>Why would you?

If jelly was not supported on long term.

>>To answer this we would like to know :
>>
>>Will jelly be supported on long term ?
>>

>Yes. There are many of us using it outside of Maven. The original
>author abandoned it a long time ago, and it still moves on.

So I will keep it using jelly which is working good for what we are doing.

>>Why maven made the move ?
>>

>Talk to the maven2 team.

I asked the question and the answer has been :

If you don't like change, I'm afraid you're in the wrong industry.

>>I personaly feel that all hat moves : ant to maven, cvs to subversion,
>>jelly to marmalade where people create news peojects instead of
>>contributing to improve existing one, all these moves are not a big
>>advantage for open source.
>>
>>Already my ISP does not support Linux because instead of having one good
>>linuxconf they have many "proprietary" configuration tools.
>>
>>Thanks for any answers to my questions
>>
>>Andre

Andre