jelly:jms tag library

Ben Lindahl
Hi all,

I see that the JMS tag library has been enveloped into Jelly, but it
relies on Messanger, which as I understand it will never make it out of
the Commons Sandbox.  Is jelly:jms under active development (e.g, will
it ever have full EL support)?  If so, does that mean that Messenger
will again be under active development, and may eventually see a
release?

Thanks,

Ben Lindahl

Re: jelly:jms tag library

Dion Gillard-2
If it takes getting messenger out of the sandbox and fixing bugs in it
to make Jelly releasable, we'll do it.

BTW, what do you mean by 'EL support' below??

On 5/12/05, Ben Lindahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I see that the JMS tag library has been enveloped into Jelly, but it
> relies on Messanger, which as I understand it will never make it out of
> the Commons Sandbox.  Is jelly:jms under active development (e.g, will
> it ever have full EL support)?  If so, does that mean that Messenger
> will again be under active development, and may eventually see a
> release?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Lindahl

RE: jelly:jms tag library

Ben Lindahl
I only used it for a day or so to check out its features, but I do not
remember JMS Taglib having support for EL in its attributes (e.g., to
use an object from request scope to populate the contents of an object
message).  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: jelly:jms tag library

Dion Gillard-2
Huh?

The jms:message tag takes it's body as text. That text can contain
variables of any sort.

the JMS taglib is a jelly taglib, not a JSP taglib.....

On 5/13/05, Ben Lindahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I only used it for a day or so to check out its features, but I do not
> remember JMS Taglib having support for EL in its attributes (e.g., to
> use an object from request scope to populate the contents of an object
> message).  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: jelly:jms tag library

Dion Gillard-2
See http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/trunk/jelly-tags/jms/src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/tags/jms/sendText.jelly?rev=155420&view=markup

On 5/13/05, Ben Lindahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I only used it for a day or so to check out its features, but I do not
> remember JMS Taglib having support for EL in its attributes (e.g., to
> use an object from request scope to populate the contents of an object
> message).  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, okay, I didn't realize that it wasn't the same as the Commons JMS
Tag Library.  I was wondering why it was in the Jelly project.  Well, if
it brings Commons Messenger back from the grave, more power to it.

Thanks.