[jexl] Re: Is JEXL still an active project

[jexl] Re: Is JEXL still an active project

peter royal
I'm CC'ing the commons user list, which is the appropriate forum for
questions like this..

On Jun 6, 2005, at 12:08 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I'm in the final phase of a design process and I have been
> intending to use JEXL as a scripting language.  Before I finish
> committing to this I'm trying to find out if JEXL is entirely alive
> or not. My concern is that I don't see any activity past last Fall.

JEXL is alive. Its stable and works well. There hasn't been any
activity since last fall since on-one is actively adding to the code
base (contributions welcome), and there hasn't been a need to fix any
bugs.
-pete

Re: [jexl] Re: Is JEXL still an active project

jstrachan-3
If I need an expression language these days I tend to use Groovy
which is quite a bit more powerful :) But Jexl still does what it
says on the tin (its also close to JSP EL).

On 6 Jun 2005, at 17:12, peter royal wrote:

> I'm CC'ing the commons user list, which is the appropriate forum
> for questions like this..
>
> On Jun 6, 2005, at 12:08 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> I'm in the final phase of a design process and I have been
>> intending to use JEXL as a scripting language.  Before I finish
>> committing to this I'm trying to find out if JEXL is entirely
>> alive or not. My concern is that I don't see any activity past
>> last Fall.
>>

> JEXL is alive. Its stable and works well. There hasn't been any
> activity since last fall since on-one is actively adding to the
> code base (contributions welcome), and there hasn't been a need to
> fix any bugs.
> -pete

James
-------