[jira] [Updated] (DIGESTER-190) Incorrect Symbolic Name Causing Module Creation Error In Apache Netbeans

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jira] [Updated] (DIGESTER-190) Incorrect Symbolic Name Causing Module Creation Error In Apache Netbeans

JIRA jira@apache.org

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIGESTER-190?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Sumner R updated DIGESTER-190:
------------------------------
    Attachment: 4BBE97D2EB3C423EB49F95C83CC3778B.jpg
                6363FA99752D4D6BAEC9D6DA89FD07AA.jpg
                992A84F8902C497292DB62AF9A0888B8.jpg
                94449B5801D248FDB232B0EDCE18C013.jpg
                1CE4EA92ADF641068A09EA4A2B95C338.jpg
                438AA1DCF0B24A478907548529405C9F.jpg

Geertjian,

I am honored by both your quick response and all the good work you have done on behalf of Netbeans.  

Per your request I did the following:

First, I backed out the module changes from my project in order to duplicate the issue.  XmlTrans is only a small component in a much larger application under development.  Modularization is considered a key approach in this process.  This is what it originally looked like,


Sent from Sumner Andrews


I then added a module-info file



Netbeans then created module path references to my library files,



The module-info file then reflected the changes,


The clean and build produced this error,



Note that both OpenCSV and Lang3 were found which led me to suspect the problem was a Digester reference issue.  I looked at the jar for clues and subsequently reached out to Digester Jira,



Please note that I also substituted the non deps Digester3 jar with the same results.  I even attempted to remove the Digester3 jar from the module path and manually placed it back into the classpath without effect.  Between you and Jorge you should be able to locate the culprit.  My concern is that whatever the issue is, other older Apache libraries may be affected.   If you need any more information or testing from me, just send me an email.

From: Geertjan Wielenga (JIRA)
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:09 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [jira] [Commented] (DIGESTER-190) Incorrect Symbolic Name CausingModule Creation Error In Apache Netbeans


    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIGESTER-190?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16677016#comment-16677016 ]

Geertjan Wielenga commented on DIGESTER-190:
--------------------------------------------

Can you provide detailed step by step instructions so someone can reproduce this and analyze for fixing?




--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)


> Incorrect Symbolic Name Causing Module Creation Error In Apache Netbeans
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DIGESTER-190
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIGESTER-190
>             Project: Commons Digester
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 3.2
>            Reporter: Sumner R Andrews Jr
>            Priority: Major
>             Fix For: 3.2
>
>         Attachments: 1CE4EA92ADF641068A09EA4A2B95C338.jpg, 438AA1DCF0B24A478907548529405C9F.jpg, 4BBE97D2EB3C423EB49F95C83CC3778B.jpg, 6363FA99752D4D6BAEC9D6DA89FD07AA.jpg, 94449B5801D248FDB232B0EDCE18C013.jpg, 992A84F8902C497292DB62AF9A0888B8.jpg
>
>
> In my Netbeans 9 project, I attempted to add Digester and Lang 3 as Jigsaw modules.  Both were added to the module path by Netbeans via a wizard
> module XmlTrans {
>   requires opencsv;
>   requires org.apache.commons.lang3;
>   requires commons.digester;
> }
>  However, the project produced the following error when compiled:
> Compiling 14 source files to /home/sumner/JNB/NetBeansProjectsPre9.0/Applications/XmlTrans/build/classes
> /home/sumner/JNB/NetBeansProjectsPre9.0/Applications/XmlTrans/src/module-info.java:10: error: module not found: commons.digester
>  requires commons.digester;
> 1 error
> BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)
> It is not possible to change the statement “requires commons.digester” to  “org.apache.common.digester3” to correct the problem.
> Interestingly, both libraries use the same org.apache.commons directory structure in their jars with the library name at the end as .digester3 and .lang3 respectively.
> A comparison of the MANAFEST.MFs  however reveals the potential problem.  In the case of Lang3 the manifest lists:
> Automatic-Module-Name: org.apache.commons.lang3
> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.lang3
> Whereas the Digester manifest only references:
> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.digester
>  
> Obviously, the error lies with the digester manifest.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)