[lang] Failing test on Java 16-EA.

garydgregory
Hi All:

If you feel so inclined, I'd like help with
FastDateParserTest.java#testParsesKnownJava16Ea25Failure().

The test fails on Java 16 Early Access build 25 and above, I am now
testing with build
36.

I cannot tell if this a bug in our code or in the underlying JRE.

TY!

Re: [lang] Failing test on Java 16-EA.

garydgregory
Now that Java 16 is out, we really need to look at this IMO but I would
like help from the community.

My initial guess that this a JDK bug might be wrong and it could be an
issue in our code.

Gary

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, 22:13 Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> If you feel so inclined, I'd like help with
> FastDateParserTest.java#testParsesKnownJava16Ea25Failure().
>
> The test fails on Java 16 Early Access build 25 and above, I am now
> testing with build
> 36.
>
> I cannot tell if this a bug in our code or in the underlying JRE.
>
> TY!

Re: [lang] Failing test on Java 16-EA.

Matt Sicker
Looks related to some locale changes most likely? There are also a
couple test failures that are likely due to illegal reflective access.
Case in point, one of the tests has an InaccessibleObject error
message.

Tested on:

openjdk version "16" 2021-03-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 16+36)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 16+36, mixed mode, sharing)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 at 20:39, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that Java 16 is out, we really need to look at this IMO but I would
> like help from the community.
>
> My initial guess that this a JDK bug might be wrong and it could be an
> issue in our code.
>
> Gary
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, 22:13 Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All:
> >
> > If you feel so inclined, I'd like help with
> > FastDateParserTest.java#testParsesKnownJava16Ea25Failure().
> >
> > The test fails on Java 16 Early Access build 25 and above, I am now
> > testing with build
> > 36.
> >
> > I cannot tell if this a bug in our code or in the underlying JRE.
> >
> > TY!

Re: [lang] Failing test on Java 16-EA.

Matt Sicker
And the two linked bugs in Java15BugFastDateParserTest.java are marked
fixed already:

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 at 10:26, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks related to some locale changes most likely? There are also a
> couple test failures that are likely due to illegal reflective access.
> Case in point, one of the tests has an InaccessibleObject error
> message.
>
> Tested on:
>
> openjdk version "16" 2021-03-16
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 16+36)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 16+36, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 at 20:39, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Now that Java 16 is out, we really need to look at this IMO but I would
> > like help from the community.
> >
> > My initial guess that this a JDK bug might be wrong and it could be an
> > issue in our code.
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, 22:13 Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All:
> > >
> > > If you feel so inclined, I'd like help with
> > > FastDateParserTest.java#testParsesKnownJava16Ea25Failure().
> > >
> > > The test fails on Java 16 Early Access build 25 and above, I am now
> > > testing with build
> > > 36.
> > >
> > > I cannot tell if this a bug in our code or in the underlying JRE.
> > >
> > > TY!
> > > Gary

Re: [lang] Failing test on Java 16-EA.

I'm till looking for help on getting LANG working on Java 16...

Gary

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021, 21:39 Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that Java 16 is out, we really need to look at this IMO but I would
> like help from the community.
>
> My initial guess that this a JDK bug might be wrong and it could be an
> issue in our code.
>
> Gary
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, 22:13 Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All:
>>
>> If you feel so inclined, I'd like help with
>> FastDateParserTest.java#testParsesKnownJava16Ea25Failure().
>>
>> The test fails on Java 16 Early Access build 25 and above, I am now
>> testing with build
>> 36.
>>
>> I cannot tell if this a bug in our code or in the underlying JRE.
>>
>> TY!
>> Gary

Re: [lang] Failing test on Java 16-EA.

Jaikiran Pai
Hello Gary,

I had a look at this one and I was able to reproduce this. Based on my reading of the code and what it does, IMO, this is a JDK issue. Since this was previously raised and reported in this list here[1] and a JDK issue was created https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8262108, I decided to reopen that issue and have included the necessary details of my investigation there.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg70599.html

P.S: I'm not subscribed to this commons dev mailing list and I just watch/reply from the Apache mailing list tools, so my responses might be delayed.

-Jaikiran