[lang] TODOs

Kevin Gessner
Hello all,

I'm interested in helping out on the lang project, and was wondering
what TODOs might be outstanding.  I saw the Tasks Outstanding page at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/tasks.html>, but have any of
these have been started/completed, or are there any additions?  I'd
rather not duplicate someone's work by mistake!  I saw (in the mailing
list archives) that DateRange has been completed, but I'm interested
in the status of anything else.

Thanks,
Kevin Gessner
<[hidden email]>

Re: [lang] TODOs

Steven Caswell
Kevin,

On the todo list, I know these items are about to be included in the
2.1release any day now:

DateRange
DurationFormatUtils
CharUtils
Mutable Number classes

Of the remaining items, examples and documentation are always welcome. I
know some work has been done on some tokenizing, but I don't know the exact
status. Folks as always are busy, so if you don't get more specific
discussions, and talk to the list with some suggestions.

On 5/31/05, Kevin Gessner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm interested in helping out on the lang project, and was wondering
> what TODOs might be outstanding. I saw the Tasks Outstanding page at
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/tasks.html>, but have any of
> these have been started/completed, or are there any additions? I'd
> rather not duplicate someone's work by mistake! I saw (in the mailing
> list archives) that DateRange has been completed, but I'm interested
> in the status of anything else.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Gessner
> <[hidden email]>

Steven Caswell
[hidden email]

Take back the web - http://www.mozilla.org

Re: [lang] TODOs - text package

Stephen Colebourne
The main area that needs work is the text subpackage.

If you are interested, perhaps you could begin by looking at StrBuilder.
This needs the following doing:

rename method: delete(char) to deleteAll(char)
add method: deleteFirst(char)
rename method: delete(String) to deleteAll(String)
add method: deleteFirst(String)

rename method: replace(char, char) to replaceAll(char, char)
add method: replaceFirst(char, char)
rename method: replace(String, String) to replaceAll(String, String)
add method: replaceFirst(String, String)

Plus, the test case may need more work ;-)

Stephen

Kevin Gessner wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm interested in helping out on the lang project, and was wondering
> what TODOs might be outstanding.  I saw the Tasks Outstanding page at
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/tasks.html>, but have any of
> these have been started/completed, or are there any additions?  I'd
> rather not duplicate someone's work by mistake!  I saw (in the mailing
> list archives) that DateRange has been completed, but I'm interested
> in the status of anything else.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Gessner
> <[hidden email]>

Re: [lang] TODOs - text package

Kevin Gessner
Looks like fun. I'm assuming the *First methods delete/replace the
first occurence of the char/String.  Should I post the code as a patch
on Bugzilla when I'm done?

Kevin

ps. Someone might want to update the CVS-latest Javadocs to actually
be CVS-latest...

On 6/6/05, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The main area that needs work is the text subpackage.
>
> If you are interested, perhaps you could begin by looking at StrBuilder.
> This needs the following doing:
>
> rename method: delete(char) to deleteAll(char)
> add method: deleteFirst(char)
> rename method: delete(String) to deleteAll(String)
> add method: deleteFirst(String)
>
> rename method: replace(char, char) to replaceAll(char, char)
> add method: replaceFirst(char, char)
> rename method: replace(String, String) to replaceAll(String, String)
> add method: replaceFirst(String, String)
>
> Plus, the test case may need more work ;-)
>
> Stephen
>

> Kevin Gessner wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm interested in helping out on the lang project, and was wondering
> > what TODOs might be outstanding.  I saw the Tasks Outstanding page at
> > <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/tasks.html>, but have any of
> > these have been started/completed, or are there any additions?  I'd
> > rather not duplicate someone's work by mistake!  I saw (in the mailing
> > list archives) that DateRange has been completed, but I'm interested
> > in the status of anything else.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin Gessner
> > <[hidden email]>

Re: [lang] TODOs - text package

Stephen Colebourne
Kevin Gessner wrote:
> Looks like fun. I'm assuming the *First methods delete/replace the
> first occurence of the char/String.
+1

> Should I post the code as a patch on Bugzilla when I'm done?
+1

Stephen

Re: [lang] TODOs - text package

Kevin Gessner
Good deal.  Stephen - would you like to put up an enh 'bug' on
BugZilla so I could add this as a real patch?  I could do it, but it
is *your* bug...

Kevin