[lang] Towards 3.9

Rob Tompkins
Any thoughts on doing a 3.9 release of [lang]. I think Benedikt want’s us to go up with what we have. Any thoughts for or against doing a release?

-Rob

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Gilles Sadowski-2
> Any thoughts on doing a 3.9 release of [lang]. I think Benedikt want’s us to go up with what we have. Any thoughts for or against doing a release?

Any objection to fixing
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442
?

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 9:20 AM, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts on doing a 3.9 release of [lang]. I think Benedikt want’s us to go up with what we have. Any thoughts for or against doing a release?
>
> Any objection to fixing
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442>

Yes. I think that we should definitely put commons-rng in the RandomUtils/RandomStringUtils javadoc.

-Rob

> ?

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Am Do., 4. Apr. 2019 um 12:40 Uhr schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]>:

> Any thoughts on doing a 3.9 release of [lang]. I think Benedikt want’s us
> to go up with what we have. Any thoughts for or against doing a release?

I would like to have https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/415
 included.
Furthermore there are two entires in changes.xml that don't have a Jira. I
think we should create one just for the documentary.

Benedikt

> -Rob

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hi Rob.

Le ven. 5 avr. 2019 à 04:27, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> > On Apr 4, 2019, at 9:20 AM, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Any thoughts on doing a 3.9 release of [lang]. I think Benedikt want’s us to go up with what we have. Any thoughts for or against doing a release?
> >
> > Any objection to fixing
> >    https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442>
>
> Yes. I think that we should definitely put commons-rng in the RandomUtils/RandomStringUtils javadoc.

Thanks for commit 3f43706192b1b75c5023f165534a12b192c31442

Gilles

> -Rob
>
> > ?
> >
> > Gilles

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 6, 2019, at 9:42 AM, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Rob.

>>> Any objection to fixing
>>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442>
>>
>> Yes. I think that we should definitely put commons-rng in the RandomUtils/RandomStringUtils javadoc.
>
> Thanks for commit 3f43706192b1b75c5023f165534a12b192c31442

Your point made sense to me. -Rob

> Gilles
>

>> -Rob
>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Gilles

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 6, 2019, at 9:52 AM, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 6, 2019, at 9:42 AM, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rob.

>>> Yes. I think that we should definitely put commons-rng in the RandomUtils/RandomStringUtils javadoc.
>>
>> Thanks for commit 3f43706192b1b75c5023f165534a12b192c31442
>
> Your point made sense to me. -Rob

And no worries :-)

>> Gilles
>>

>>> -Rob

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

jochen-2
On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 4:27 AM Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Apr 4, 2019, at 9:20 AM, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Any thoughts on doing a 3.9 release of [lang]. I think Benedikt want’s us to go up with what we have. Any thoughts for or against doing a release?
> >
> > Any objection to fixing
> >    https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442>
>
> Yes. I think that we should definitely put commons-rng in the RandomUtils/RandomStringUtils javadoc.

Disagreed, because commons-lang should not have any dependencies.
SecureRandom should be completely sufficient, should it?

Jochen

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 6, 2019, at 10:00 AM, Jochen Wiedmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Any objection to fixing
>>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442>
>>
>> Yes. I think that we should definitely put commons-rng in the RandomUtils/RandomStringUtils javadoc.
>
> Disagreed, because commons-lang should not have any dependencies.
> SecureRandom should be completely sufficient, should it?

Oh pardon….I was vague. I meant that to mean that we should refer in the javadoc to Commons-RNG.

-Rob

> Jochen

Re: [lang] Towards 3.9

Gilles Sadowski-2
Le sam. 6 avr. 2019 à 16:00, Jochen Wiedmann
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> > > Any objection to fixing
> > >    https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1442>
> >
> > Yes. I think that we should definitely put commons-rng in the RandomUtils/RandomStringUtils javadoc.
>
> Disagreed, because commons-lang should not have any dependencies.
> SecureRandom should be completely sufficient, should it?

I miss how the two points would be related, and even more to
enhancing user awareness (by adding one sentence in the Javadoc).