[lang] - deprecated classes moved to text and release?

[lang] - deprecated classes moved to text and release?

Pascal Schumacher
Hello everybody,

now that commons-text was released (thanks to Rob Tompkins), I think we
should deprecated the classes moved from lang to text and release a new
version of lang.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Pascal

p.s.: There are already 34 fixed issues waiting for a release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20LANG%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.6

Re: [lang] - deprecated classes moved to text and release?

Benedikt Ritter-4
Full ACK. I can prepare an RC tomorrow morning.

Regards
Benedikt

Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> schrieb am So. 12. März 2017
um 12:44:

> Hello everybody,
>
> now that commons-text was released (thanks to Rob Tompkins), I think we
> should deprecated the classes moved from lang to text and release a new
> version of lang.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pascal
>
> p.s.: There are already 34 fixed issues waiting for a release:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20LANG%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.6

Re: [lang] - deprecated classes moved to text and release?

Sounds like a plan. Ideally each Javadoc deprecated tag should point to the
Javadoc of the Commons Text version. Or at least the main Text Javadoc site.

Gary

jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1316
pull request: https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/255

Am 12.03.2017 um 14:36 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> Sounds like a plan. Ideally each Javadoc deprecated tag should point to the
> Javadoc of the Commons Text version. Or at least the main Text Javadoc site.
Good idea. I have updated the pull request and replaced the fully
qualified class names of the commons text classes with links to their
javadoc.

Cheers,
Pascal