lowercase filenames

Torgeir Veimo
FileUploadBase unconditionally converts filenames to lowercase in method
getFileName(Map headers). Is this due to some internet standard or just
for convenience / policy?

It would be nice to alter this behaviour by setting a property, instead
of having to subclass the FileUpload implementation with a different
getFilename() method.

--
Torgeir Veimo <[hidden email]>

Re: lowercase filenames

Jacob Kjome

I seem to recall that this was a bug that was missed before the latest
release and is now fixed in the SVN source.  Someone please correct me if
I'm wrong.

Jake

At 01:14 PM 2/23/2006 +1000, you wrote:
 >FileUploadBase unconditionally converts filenames to lowercase in method
 >getFileName(Map headers). Is this due to some internet standard or just
 >for convenience / policy?
 >
 >It would be nice to alter this behaviour by setting a property, instead
 >of having to subclass the FileUpload implementation with a different
 >getFilename() method.
 >
 >--
 >Torgeir Veimo <[hidden email]>

Re: lowercase filenames

Wendy Smoak
On 2/22/06, Jacob Kjome <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I seem to recall that this was a bug that was missed before the latest
> release and is now fixed in the SVN source.  Someone please correct me if
> I'm wrong.

Correct, it was fixed about two weeks after the release was tagged.

Wendy

Re: lowercase filenames

Torgeir Veimo
On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 21:40 -0700, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 2/22/06, Jacob Kjome <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I seem to recall that this was a bug that was missed before the latest
> > release and is now fixed in the SVN source.  Someone please correct me if
> > I'm wrong.
>
> Correct, it was fixed about two weeks after the release was tagged.
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=367087&view=rev

Ok, I'll use a workaround until v1.2 is out. Any idea when that might
happen?

--
Torgeir Veimo <[hidden email]>

Re: lowercase filenames

Martin Cooper-3
On 2/22/06, Torgeir Veimo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 21:40 -0700, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> > On 2/22/06, Jacob Kjome <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I seem to recall that this was a bug that was missed before the latest
> > > release and is now fixed in the SVN source.  Someone please correct me
> if
> > > I'm wrong.
> >
> > Correct, it was fixed about two weeks after the release was tagged.
> >    http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=367087&view=rev
>
> Ok, I'll use a workaround until v1.2 is out. Any idea when that might
> happen?

You might want to use a recent nightly build. At this time, the filename
case bug is the only change since the FileUpload 1.1 release, so it's quite
safe to use that instead of 1.1 itself.

There is no estimate for a FileUpload 1.2 release at this time. In fact,
it's just as likely that we'll skip 1.2 and go straight to 2.0, since some
substantial refactoring is warranted.

--
Martin Cooper