[math] Commons-Math 3.1?

Sébastien Brisard
Hello,
can we commit now that 3.0 is out?
Do we need to update the pom.xml to 3.1-SNAPSHOT?
Best regards,
Sébastien

Re: [math] Commons-Math 3.1?

Luc Maisonobe
Le 12/03/2012 20:38, Sébastien Brisard a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi Sébastien,

> can we commit now that 3.0 is out?

Sure!

> Do we need to update the pom.xml to 3.1-SNAPSHOT?

I think Seeb did it today.

We should also close the Jira issues that have been solved as of 3.0.
For newcomers, our policy on JIRA issues is that we mark them as
resolved when the fix is available in the subversion repository, and we
mark them as closed when the fix has been released in an official version.

Luc

> Best regards,
> Sébastien

Re: [math] Commons-Math 3.1?

Sébastien Brisard
Dear all,

> We should also close the Jira issues that have been solved as of 3.0.
> For newcomers, our policy on JIRA issues is that we mark them as
> resolved when the fix is available in the subversion repository, and we
> mark them as closed when the fix has been released in an official version.

I closed the tickets for which I was the reported and/or assignee. I
prefer not to touch the other ones.
Best regards,
Sébastien

Re: [math] Commons-Math 3.1?

Gilles Sadowski
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:35:51AM +0100, Sébastien Brisard wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> > We should also close the Jira issues that have been solved as of 3.0.
> > For newcomers, our policy on JIRA issues is that we mark them as
> > resolved when the fix is available in the subversion repository, and we
> > mark them as closed when the fix has been released in an official version.
> >
> I closed the tickets for which I was the reported and/or assignee. I
> prefer not to touch the other ones.

You are welcome to close them all, if you want.

Thank you,

Re: [math] Commons-Math 3.1?

Thomas Neidhart
On 03/18/2012 02:07 PM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:35:51AM +0100, Sébastien Brisard wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>

>>> We should also close the Jira issues that have been solved as of 3.0.
>>> For newcomers, our policy on JIRA issues is that we mark them as
>>> resolved when the fix is available in the subversion repository, and we
>>> mark them as closed when the fix has been released in an official version.
>>>
>> I closed the tickets for which I was the reported and/or assignee. I
>> prefer not to touch the other ones.
>
> You are welcome to close them all, if you want.

I have closed all fixed issues in a bulk operation. The issues marked as
"won't fix" or "not a problem" or "later" or "incomplete" have not been
touched.

Thomas

[math]:Complex types

Bruce A Johnson-2
Interesting article about value types in the JVM with relevance to better support for Complex numbers (something I've long wished for)

https://blogs.oracle.com/jrose/entry/value_types_in_the_vm

Perhaps there is a role for the Commons Math project in item 2 of his section "More Work"

Bruce

Re: [math]:Complex types

Gilles Sadowski
Hello.

> Interesting article about value types in the JVM with relevance to better support for Complex numbers (something I've long wished for)
>
> https://blogs.oracle.com/jrose/entry/value_types_in_the_vm
>
> Perhaps there is a role for the Commons Math project in item 2 of his section "More Work"

Perhaps you could extract the relevant parts and add them to this issue:

[Or, for specific tasks, please create new issues reporting how you think
that Commons Math could contribute.]