[math] Fix for MATH-1342

Evan Ward
Hi,

First, I'm trying to use the new branching strategy so I would
appreciate your patience if I'm not doing correctly.

I've commited a fix for MATH-1342 in commit 7a8dc00. This is a problem
with event detection in all ODE integrators. So if the list approves I
would like to merge this into the develop branch.

I would also like to create a bug fix release on the math3 branch for
this bug. I have a commit that I've ported to that branch that I can
push up, if that is the right way to do it. I can also volunteer to do
the release, but I've never done a release before so someone may have to
help me through it.

Best Regards,
Evan

Re: [math] Fix for MATH-1342

Luc Maisonobe-2
Le 2016-03-16 20:13, Evan Ward a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Evan,

> First, I'm trying to use the new branching strategy so I would
> appreciate your patience if I'm not doing correctly.
>
> I've commited a fix for MATH-1342 in commit 7a8dc00. This is a problem
> with event detection in all ODE integrators. So if the list approves I
> would like to merge this into the develop branch.

I have reviewed your fix and agrees with it (you know how this part of
the code is important to me!).

However, you have put the fix on a branch related to master, not to
MATH_3_X.

> I would also like to create a bug fix release on the math3 branch for
> this bug.

+1 from me, but the fix should be ported to MATH_3_X in this case.
As it would be a relase fixing only 3 bugs (counting MATH-1316 and
MATH-1317 fixed two months ago just after 3.6 release, it should
probably be numbered 3.6.1.

> I have a commit that I've ported to that branch that I can
> push up, if that is the right way to do it. I can also volunteer to do
> the release, but I've never done a release before so someone may have
> help me through it.

I have performed the last releases. The main document is the one in
the [math] project itself, in file doc/release/release.howto.txt. I
think it has been updated for the last two releases, so it should be
fairly accurate by now.

Prior to the release, you should upload a GPG key in the general file
holding all release managers keys for commons, see step 10 of the
procedure, that in fact should rather be step 0.

best regards,
Luc

> Best Regards,
> Evan

Re: [math] Fix for MATH-1342

Evan Ward

On 03/16/2016 05:18 PM, luc wrote:

> Le 2016-03-16 20:13, Evan Ward a écrit :
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Evan,
>

>> First, I'm trying to use the new branching strategy so I would
>> appreciate your patience if I'm not doing correctly.
>>
>> I've commited a fix for MATH-1342 in commit 7a8dc00. This is a problem
>> with event detection in all ODE integrators. So if the list approves I
>> would like to merge this into the develop branch.
>
> I have reviewed your fix and agrees with it (you know how this part of
> the code is important to me!).
>
> However, you have put the fix on a branch related to master, not to
> MATH_3_X.
>

>> I would also like to create a bug fix release on the math3 branch for
>> this bug.
>
> +1 from me, but the fix should be ported to MATH_3_X in this case.
> As it would be a relase fixing only 3 bugs (counting MATH-1316 and
> MATH-1317 fixed two months ago just after 3.6 release, it should
> probably be numbered 3.6.1.
>
>> I have a commit that I've ported to that branch that I can
>> push up, if that is the right way to do it. I can also volunteer to do
>> the release, but I've never done a release before so someone may have to
>> help me through it.
>
> I have performed the last releases. The main document is the one in
> the [math] project itself, in file doc/release/release.howto.txt. I
> think it has been updated for the last two releases, so it should be
> fairly accurate by now.
>
> Prior to the release, you should upload a GPG key in the general file
> holding all release managers keys for commons, see step 10 of the
> procedure, that in fact should rather be step 0.

Thanks for the pointers. I've started going through the procedure now
and I hope to have an RC out by 4pm EDT. Twenty four steps seems a bit
much, but I do appreciate the detail. Thanks again for helping while
you're at a conference.

Regards,
Evan