[math] LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer replacement

[math] LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer replacement

Patrick Meyer
Hi,

I would like to use the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer but it was deprecated in
3.1. It is listed in o.a.c.m.fitting.leastsquares in the latest development
API. However, I do not see an it listed anywhere in 3.1 or 3.2. I am
currently using 3.1 and I would like to know where I can find it or a
suitable replacement.

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: [math] LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer replacement

Gilles Sadowski
Hello.

> I would like to use the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer but it was
> deprecated in
> 3.1. It is listed in o.a.c.m.fitting.leastsquares in the latest
> development
> API. However, I do not see an it listed anywhere in 3.1 or 3.2. I am
> currently using 3.1 and I would like to know where I can find it or a
> suitable replacement.

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/javadocs/api-3.2/org/apache/commons/math3/optim/nonlinear/vector/jacobian/LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer.html

[But it is deprecated, as you noticed.]

HTH,

RE: [math] LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer replacement

Patrick Meyer
Yes, but I am wondering if it had just been moved in the way many of the classes in optimization were moved to optim. Given that LevenbergMarquardt was deprecated in 3.1 and 3.2 only to reappear in the latest development version made me think it had just been moved somewhere.

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 18:16:49 -0500, Patrick Meyer wrote:
> Yes, but I am wondering if it had just been moved in the way many of
> the classes in optimization were moved to optim. Given that
> LevenbergMarquardt was deprecated in 3.1 and 3.2 only to reappear in
> the latest development version made me think it had just been moved
> somewhere.

No.
A new "fluent" API has been implemented for the class in the
"o.a.c.m.fitting.leastsquares" package.

[There have discussions to change to yet another API (see on the
bug-tracking system).]