[math] - Math on Android?

Oscar Bastidas
Hello,

Can someone please tell me if the Math library will work on Android Java,
or is this just restricted to "regular" Java?  Thanks.

Oscar

Oscar Bastidas, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
University of Minnesota

Re: [math] - Math on Android?

Axel-16
 Hi

Search for example for tag commons-math

   - https://github.com/mkulesh/microMathematics
   - https://github.com/topics/commons-math

Similar like the commons-math library the Hipparchus fork
https://github.com/Hipparchus-Math/hipparchus is also usable under Android.

See the symbolic math projects which focus on Android  and use Hipparchus:

   - For Android Java 7:
   https://github.com/tranleduy2000/symja_android_library
   - forked from Java 8 Symja project:
   https://github.com/axkr/symja_android_library

Axel Kramer

Re: [math] - Math on Android?

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hello.

Le mar. 21 mai 2019 à 12:42, Oscar Bastidas <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Can someone please tell me if the Math library will work on Android Java,
> or is this just restricted to "regular" Java?  Thanks.

"Commons Math" has been partly superseded by new components:
 * "Commons RNG"
 * "Commons Numbers"
 * "Commons Geometry"
 * "Commons Statistics"

What functionality are you looking for?

We are certainly interested to know whether there is anything that
prevents using those components for developing applications on
some OS.