[math] adding new classes

Patrick Meyer
Is it possible to add new classes via substance patches? I have a storeless
covariance class and other classes I would like to contribute.

Thanks,
Patrick

Re: [math] adding new classes

Patrick Meyer
Excuse my typo, I meant to say if it is possible to add new classes via
SUBVERSION, not substance. As I am new to subversion it seems that only
patches for existing classes are possible.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Patrick Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to add new classes via substance patches? I have a storeless
> covariance class and other classes I would like to contribute.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Re: [math] adding new classes

Gilles Sadowski
Hi.

> Excuse my typo, I meant to say if it is possible to add new classes via
> SUBVERSION, not substance. As I am new to subversion it seems that only
> patches for existing classes are possible.

Try

$ svn add SomeFile.java

Re: [math] adding new classes

Patrick Meyer
Thanks. I think my problem may be an IDE issue. In Eclipse, I had no luck
using New > Java Class, but I was able to use New > File. Is that normal?
Sorry for the simple questions, but I really appreciate your help.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Gilles Sadowski <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > Excuse my typo, I meant to say if it is possible to add new classes via
> > SUBVERSION, not substance. As I am new to subversion it seems that only
> > patches for existing classes are possible.
>
> Try
>
> $ svn add SomeFile.java

Re: [math] adding new classes

Luc Maisonobe
Le 09/12/2010 19:43, Patrick Meyer a écrit :
> Thanks. I think my problem may be an IDE issue. In Eclipse, I had no luck
> using New > Java Class, but I was able to use New > File. Is that normal?

No, it should work.

Note that if you want to have your Eclipse workspace in sync with the
subversion repository, you have to use some plugins since subversion is
not supported by default. I use subclipse, but you can use another one
if you prefer. Also beware that you'll have to use anonymous subversion
access and not write access (only committers have write access), so you
will be able to add classes to your workspace, not to the repository.

> Sorry for the simple questions, but I really appreciate your help.

Do not hesitate to ask. Questions are useful and since the list is
archived the questions and the answers may help others later too.

Luc