[math]

Tobias.Wolf
Hi guys,

is there any methods in apache common math library that I can use to implement Exponential Moving Average and other financial statistics functions like MACD,SMA,RSI?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Exponential_moving_average

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Simple_moving_average

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_strength_index

regards,
Tobi

Re: [math]

Gilles Sadowski
Hi.

On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:54:23 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> is there any methods in apache common math library that I can use to
> implement Exponential Moving Average and other financial statistics
> functions like MACD,SMA,RSI?
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Exponential_moving_average
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MACD
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Simple_moving_average
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_strength_index

I don't think so; but you should have a look at the contents of the
"stat" package too see how easy/difficult this extension would be
within the current design. [Some of it needs change but we lack human
resources.  Help welcome...]

Best regards,
Gilles

> regards,
> Tobi

Re: [math]

michael.brzustowicz@gmail.com
Perhaps use the DescriptiveStatistics class with an appropriate window size?
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/javadocs/api-3.6.1/index.html
You will have to retrieve the sum after the insertion of each new data
point.