[net] how to retreive a file using FTP and store it in local with remote last change date ?

[net] how to retreive a file using FTP and store it in local with remote last change date ?

Nicolas De Loof-3

Hello,

My application has a requirement to synchronize some files between 2
servers. They're is no realistic concurrent modification risk, so we
consider using FTP to update files from remote serveur according to
files last acces date.

Does anyone have some code sample to retrieve a file using commons-net
FtpClient and set the local file last access date ?

Thansk. Nico.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.

Re: [net] how to retreive a file using FTP and store it in local with remote last change date ?

Paul Libbrecht
Sorry to diver but... I do this permanently with rsync (mostly over
ssh).
Not in java, not using ftp but fast, limits bandwidth, and preserves
also such things as file-permissions or modification dates...
rsync.samba.org.

paul