[numbers-complex] Checkstyle "unknown tag: if"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[numbers-complex] Checkstyle "unknown tag: if"

Eric Barnhill
Running checkstyle on commons-numbers-complex, I get several

unknown tag: if
>

errors that predate me.

Has there been a change in accepted style, so that these tags don't work
anymore, but they once did? In which case I will replace them.

Eric
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [numbers-complex] Checkstyle "unknown tag: if"

Gilles Sadowski
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:54:59 +0200, Eric Barnhill wrote:

> Running checkstyle on commons-numbers-complex, I get several
>
> unknown tag: if
>>
>
> errors that predate me.
>
> Has there been a change in accepted style, so that these tags don't
> work
> anymore, but they once did? In which case I will replace them.

Running "mvn site" from "master" is successful.

Somehow, I don't see the branch where you made all the developments...

Regards
Gilles

>
> Eric


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [numbers-complex] Checkstyle "unknown tag: if"

Eric Barnhill
the branch is called complex-dev

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Gilles <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:54:59 +0200, Eric Barnhill wrote:
>
>> Running checkstyle on commons-numbers-complex, I get several
>>
>> unknown tag: if
>>
>>>
>>>
>> errors that predate me.
>>
>> Has there been a change in accepted style, so that these tags don't work
>> anymore, but they once did? In which case I will replace them.
>>
>
> Running "mvn site" from "master" is successful.
>
> Somehow, I don't see the branch where you made all the developments...
>
> Regards
> Gilles
>
>
>> Eric
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [numbers-complex] Checkstyle "unknown tag: if"

Gilles Sadowski
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:35:38 +0200, Eric Barnhill wrote:
> the branch is called complex-dev

"git fetch --all" does not retrieve it.

Should I issue another command?

Thanks,
Gilles

>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Gilles
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:54:59 +0200, Eric Barnhill wrote:
>>
>>> Running checkstyle on commons-numbers-complex, I get several
>>>
>>> unknown tag: if
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> errors that predate me.
>>>
>>> Has there been a change in accepted style, so that these tags don't
>>> work
>>> anymore, but they once did? In which case I will replace them.
>>>
>>
>> Running "mvn site" from "master" is successful.
>>
>> Somehow, I don't see the branch where you made all the
>> developments...
>>
>> Regards
>> Gilles
>>
>>
>>> Eric
>>>
>>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [numbers-complex] Checkstyle "unknown tag: if"

Amey Jadiye
It is there https://github.com/apache/commons-numbers/tree/complex-dev

Try :
git fetch origin
git checkout -t origin/complex-dev

BTW, I did mvn site:run which runs fine and there is zero error under
reports > Checkstyle.
Also did `mvn clean verify checkstyle:check` which run clean, "zero errors"
again, under complex-dev.

I turned on failOnViolation and then as well its telling only 4 errors, but
now showing it :(

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.17:check (default-cli)
on project commons-numbers-parent: You have 4 Checkstyle violations. ->
[Help 1]
[ERROR]

I don't see Initial issue of "unknown tag: if" though.


amey@xps /tmp/commons-numbers $ mvn -v
Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
2015-11-10T22:11:47+05:30)
Maven home: /opt/apache/maven
Java version: 1.8.0_111, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
Default locale: en_IN, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "4.4.0-31-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"


Regards,
Amey

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:29 PM, Gilles <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:35:38 +0200, Eric Barnhill wrote:
>
>> the branch is called complex-dev
>>
>
> "git fetch --all" does not retrieve it.
>
> Should I issue another command?
>
> Thanks,
> Gilles
>
>
>
>> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Gilles <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:54:59 +0200, Eric Barnhill wrote:
>>>
>>> Running checkstyle on commons-numbers-complex, I get several
>>>>
>>>> unknown tag: if
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> errors that predate me.
>>>>
>>>> Has there been a change in accepted style, so that these tags don't work
>>>> anymore, but they once did? In which case I will replace them.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Running "mvn site" from "master" is successful.
>>>
>>> Somehow, I don't see the branch where you made all the developments...
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Gilles
>>>
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]