[parent] Move report plugins from sandbox-parent to parent?

[parent] Move report plugins from sandbox-parent to parent?

while reviewing sandbox-parent release 10 I stumbled across a comment that
the following report plugins should be moved to commons-parent:

- pmd
- cobertura
- taglist

Are there any objections for adding pmd and taglist  in the latest stable
version to commons-parent in trunk?
Also I'm wondering what about findbugs. It does not seem to be part of
commons-parent although most (all?) components use it. Or am I missing
something here?

Since cobertura is already part of commons-parent it can be dropped from
sandbox parent.

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [parent] Move report plugins from sandbox-parent to parent?

more than 48 hours have passed with no objections. Can I just go ahead and
change trunk of commons-parent-pom and commons-sandbox-parent-pom?

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [parent] Move report plugins from sandbox-parent to parent?

sebb-2-2
On 12 February 2013 20:01, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> more than 48 hours have passed with no objections. Can I just go ahead and
> change trunk of commons-parent-pom and commons-sandbox-parent-pom?

The normal waiting period is a minimum of 72 hours.

> Regards,
> Benedikt
>
> 2013/2/10 Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> while reviewing sandbox-parent release 10 I stumbled across a comment that
>> the following report plugins should be moved to commons-parent:
>>
>> - pmd
>> - cobertura
>> - taglist
>>
>> Are there any objections for adding pmd and taglist  in the latest stable
>> version to commons-parent in trunk?
>> Also I'm wondering what about findbugs. It does not seem to be part of
>> commons-parent although most (all?) components use it. Or am I missing
>> something here?
>>
>> Since cobertura is already part of commons-parent it can be dropped from
>> sandbox parent.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Benedikt
>>
>> --
>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
>> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
>> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
>> http://github.com/britter
>>

> --
> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
> http://github.com/britter

Re: [parent] Move report plugins from sandbox-parent to parent?

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hi Sebb

2013/2/12 sebb <[hidden email]>

> On 12 February 2013 20:01, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > more than 48 hours have passed with no objections. Can I just go ahead
> and
> > change trunk of commons-parent-pom and commons-sandbox-parent-pom?
>
> The normal waiting period is a minimum of 72 hours.

Thought this only applies to formal votes. But you're right, I'll wait a
little longer to give others the chance to respond.

thanks!
Benedikt

http://github.com/britter

2013/2/12 Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>

> Hi Sebb
>

> 2013/2/12 sebb <[hidden email]>
>
>> On 12 February 2013 20:01, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > more than 48 hours have passed with no objections. Can I just go ahead
>> and
>> > change trunk of commons-parent-pom and commons-sandbox-parent-pom?
>>
>> The normal waiting period is a minimum of 72 hours.
>>

> Thought this only applies to formal votes. But you're right, I'll wait a
> little longer to give others the chance to respond.
>
> thanks!
> Benedikt

More than 72 hours have passed with no objections. I'd like to make the
changes described above tonight. This means:

- Adding PMD, findbugs and taglist to trunk of commons-parent-pom
- Removing PMD, taglist and cobertura from trunk of
commons-sandbox-parent-pom

Last change to veto ;-)

Benedikt

http://github.com/britter

Re: [parent] Move report plugins from sandbox-parent to parent?

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hi again,

2013/2/15 Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>

> 2013/2/12 Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi Sebb

>>> and
>>>
>>> The normal waiting period is a minimum of 72 hours.
>>>

>> Thought this only applies to formal votes. But you're right, I'll wait a
>> little longer to give others the chance to respond.
>>
>> thanks!
>> Benedikt
>>

> More than 72 hours have passed with no objections. I'd like to make the
> changes described above tonight. This means:
>
> - Adding PMD, findbugs and taglist to trunk of commons-parent-pom
> - Removing PMD, taglist and cobertura from trunk of
> commons-sandbox-parent-pom
>
> Last change to veto ;-)

I'm about to make the changes, but I'm unsure how to document this. Is it
sufficient to add a new section to changes.xml containing the changes? Do
we have documentation about this? I've looked into the wiki but couldn't
find information about this.

TIA
Benedikt