[parent] Release commons-parent 43

garydgregory
Hi All:

Now that maven-site-plugin 3.7 is out and fixes building with Java 9, I
propose we release it.

Thoughts?

Re: [parent] Release commons-parent 43

Jörg Schaible
Am Mon, 01 Jan 2018 17:37:07 -0700 schrieb Gary Gregory:

> Hi All:
>
> Now that maven-site-plugin 3.7 is out and fixes building with Java 9, I
> propose we release it.
>
> Thoughts?

Can we move the generation of the -test.jar, -sources.jar and -test-sources.jar from the release profile into
the normal build cycle? AFAICS none of these goals take a lot of time (especially if we use the no-fork versions
of that goals), but we can check the results early on (see last release of JCS).

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: [parent] Release commons-parent 43

Pascal Schumacher

Am 02.01.2018 um 01:37 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> Hi All:
>
> Now that maven-site-plugin 3.7 is out and fixes building with Java 9, I
> propose we release it.
>
> Thoughts?

Re: [parent] Release commons-parent 43

Unlike components, there's no harm releasing CP as its usage is under
our control.
If it turns out there is a problem with CP 43, then we can just ignore it.

On 2 January 2018 at 09:00, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>

> Am 02.01.2018 um 01:37 schrieb Gary Gregory:
>>
>> Hi All:
>>
>> Now that maven-site-plugin 3.7 is out and fixes building with Java 9, I
>> propose we release it.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Gary

Re: [parent] Release commons-parent 43

Charles Honton
+1 to Jorge ‘s comments

Chas

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 3:05 AM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Unlike components, there's no harm releasing CP as its usage is under
> our control.
> If it turns out there is a problem with CP 43, then we can just ignore it.
>
>> On 2 January 2018 at 09:00, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +1
>>

>>> Am 02.01.2018 um 01:37 schrieb Gary Gregory:
>>>
>>> Hi All:
>>>
>>> Now that maven-site-plugin 3.7 is out and fixes building with Java 9, I
>>> propose we release it.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Gary

Re: [parent] Release commons-parent 43

Hi Jörg,

Feel free to patch. ATM, I am interested in using Java 9 to build the site
so we can get searcheable Javadocs.

Gary