[pipeline] documentation patch submitted

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[pipeline] documentation patch submitted

Ken Tanaka
I submitted a small documentation fix for the pipeline_basics tutorial.
After uploading the initial documentation, I noticed that some of the
code examples had extra line feeds, mainly the xml configuration samples
that use color also use boldface to emphasize some of the keywords. At
least on my browser (Firefox 3.0.5 on Linux), there is an unwanted line
break at the end of bold as if a "<br />" followed the "</b>". This only
affects the preformatted text (between <pre>..</pre> tags).

Look for the "configSimplePipeline.xml" code on the page
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/pipeline/pipeline_basics.html

I found that using '<span style="font-weight:bold;">text</span>'  in
place of '<b>text</b>' solved this problem for me. Does anyone recommend
a better solution? The patch I submitted uses this <span> in place of
<b> in the preformatted examples.

This is issue SANDBOX-278

-Ken

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [pipeline] documentation patch submitted

Rahul Akolkar
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Ken Tanaka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I submitted a small documentation fix for the pipeline_basics tutorial.
> After uploading the initial documentation, I noticed that some of the code
> examples had extra line feeds, mainly the xml configuration samples that use
> color also use boldface to emphasize some of the keywords. At least on my
> browser (Firefox 3.0.5 on Linux), there is an unwanted line break at the end
> of bold as if a "<br />" followed the "</b>". This only affects the
> preformatted text (between <pre>..</pre> tags).
>
> Look for the "configSimplePipeline.xml" code on the page
> http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/pipeline/pipeline_basics.html
>
> I found that using '<span style="font-weight:bold;">text</span>'  in place
> of '<b>text</b>' solved this problem for me. Does anyone recommend a better
> solution? The patch I submitted uses this <span> in place of <b> in the
> preformatted examples.
>
> This is issue SANDBOX-278
>
<snip/>

Applied patch and republished site.

-Rahul


> -Ken
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [pipeline] documentation patch submitted

Ken Tanaka


Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Ken Tanaka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>> I submitted a small documentation fix for the pipeline_basics tutorial.
>>
>>    
...

>> This is issue SANDBOX-278
>>
>>    
> <snip/>
>
> Applied patch and republished site.
>
> -Rahul
>
>
>  
Thank you. Now people can cut and paste from the website.

-Ken

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]