primitives work

Benson Margulies
Folks,

Given that Mahout has forked and sorted out a copy of the COLT
collections and the math it depends on, I think it makes sense to do
the substantive work in their fork (sadly, that means patches instead
of a sandbox, but I'll survive), and then, which it's all working,
reopen a discussion about the future of the existing primitives and
how / if to combine, and commit things into the sandbox based on the
results of that discussion. Ahem, just a little, 'code before
community.' :-)

--benson