[proxy] Publishing to Maven@Ibiblio?

James Carman
How do we set up a project to publish its jar files to the Maven repository
at Ibiblio?  I realize that commons-proxy is only in the sandbox, but other
sandbox projects (i18n for example) have their jar files at Ibiblio.  The
Syringe project I'm working on at java.net has a build system that downloads
all of its dependencies from Ibiblio and I'd like to start migrating Syringe
to use commons-proxy.  Would the "mavenization" of commons-proxy cause its
jar file to be published?

Re: [proxy] Publishing to Maven@Ibiblio?

Brett Porter-2
It is now only something to be done on a release that has been voted for
(so probably not from the sandbox).

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html
http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/BrettPorter

You can publish nightlies to http://cvs.apache.org/repository using the
instructions given, though that is not propogated to ibiblio.

The fact that some sandbox components are at ibiblio is not ideal, and
this should only be the case to maintain historical builds.

- Brett

James Carman wrote:

>How do we set up a project to publish its jar files to the Maven repository
>at Ibiblio?  I realize that commons-proxy is only in the sandbox, but other
>sandbox projects (i18n for example) have their jar files at Ibiblio.  The
>Syringe project I'm working on at java.net has a build system that downloads
>all of its dependencies from Ibiblio and I'd like to start migrating Syringe
>to use commons-proxy.  Would the "mavenization" of commons-proxy cause its
>jar file to be published?

RE: [proxy] Publishing to Maven@Ibiblio?

Noel J. Bergman
[hidden email] is probably your best bet.

        --- Noel

Re: [proxy] Publishing to Maven@Ibiblio?

Joerg Hohwiller

Re: [proxy] Publishing to Maven@Ibiblio?

Ortwin Glück

Joerg Hohwiller wrote:
> more or less.
> In maven you can configure one or multiple repositories. Ibiblio is the
> default. To just make something work you can have an additional local
> repository or even just copy the commons-proxy jar to your local maven
> download-repro ({home}/.maven/repository/commons-proxy/).

In fact I was doing that in my old company. We had a company-wide
(rather small company you know :-) Maven repostiory set up on a simple
file server. Everything we needed was copied there. And also internal
JAR files were deployed there so they could be reused easily by other
projects.