[rdf] roles after graduation

Sergio Fernández
Hi,

adjusting Stian's role [1} I realized we never had the discussion about the
roles of people on the component after graduation: who wants to keep in the
project, PPMC members need to be voted for Commons PMC, etc.

Nothing urgent, but eventually needs to be discussed.

Cheers,

[1]
https://github.com/apache/commons-rdf/commit/b3a013f76520b55eb9d57d3d1a90293d5ba9d3ac

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [rdf] roles after graduation

jochen-2
Hi, Sergio,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]> wrote:

> adjusting Stian's role [1} I realized we never had the discussion about the
> roles of people on the component after graduation: who wants to keep in the
> project, PPMC members need to be voted for Commons PMC, etc.
>
> Nothing urgent, but eventually needs to be discussed.

given Commons history, and my personal experience, I'd strongly
discourage to fix any particular "roles" for an open source project. A
project works best, if anyone does, what she or he feels needs to be
done. (Assuming she, or he, has the necessary privileges, of course.)

From reading through your POM, the component has three current
(hopefully active :-) PMC members. That's more, than most others have,
thus should be sufficient.

Jochen

Re: [rdf] roles after graduation

Stian Soiland-Reyes
I agree on not expanding too much on the roles and would favour removing
PPMC roles except for those who are listed only as emeritus.

On 17 Jan 2017 10:30 am, "Jochen Wiedmann" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi, Sergio,
>
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > adjusting Stian's role [1} I realized we never had the discussion about
> the
> > roles of people on the component after graduation: who wants to keep in
> the
> > project, PPMC members need to be voted for Commons PMC, etc.
> >
> > Nothing urgent, but eventually needs to be discussed.
>
> given Commons history, and my personal experience, I'd strongly
> discourage to fix any particular "roles" for an open source project. A
> project works best, if anyone does, what she or he feels needs to be
> done. (Assuming she, or he, has the necessary privileges, of course.)
>
> From reading through your POM, the component has three current
> (hopefully active :-) PMC members. That's more, than most others have,
> thus should be sufficient.
>
> Jochen

Re: [rdf] roles after graduation

I think it best to leave it to folks to adjust their own roles. Unless
someone leaves and looses karma perhaps.

Gary

On Jan 17, 2017 2:30 AM, "Jochen Wiedmann" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi, Sergio,
>
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > adjusting Stian's role [1} I realized we never had the discussion about
> the
> > roles of people on the component after graduation: who wants to keep in
> the
> > project, PPMC members need to be voted for Commons PMC, etc.
> >
> > Nothing urgent, but eventually needs to be discussed.
>
> given Commons history, and my personal experience, I'd strongly
> discourage to fix any particular "roles" for an open source project. A
> project works best, if anyone does, what she or he feels needs to be
> done. (Assuming she, or he, has the necessary privileges, of course.)
>
> From reading through your POM, the component has three current
> (hopefully active :-) PMC members. That's more, than most others have,
> thus should be sufficient.
>
> Jochen

Re: [rdf] roles after graduation

Sergio Fernández