[report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

[report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

garydgregory
I will file this ASAP. If you feel something should be added, do let me
know.

The Apache Commons project focuses on all aspects of reusable Java
components.

The Apache Commons components are widely used in many projects, both within
Apache and without. Any ASF committer can commit to Apache Commons.

The last report was on December 16 2015.

No issues require board attention at this time.

## Activity:

We had three (3) releases this period (see below).

We are considering adding a new Commons component called Commons Crypto
currently called Chimera (https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera). It is
an
optimized cryptographic library. It provides Java API for both cipher level
and
Java stream level to help developers implement high performance AES
encryption/decryption with the minimum code and effort.

## Health report:

 Overall project health is decent to good with 3 releases this period.

 We do not have too much action on the mailing lists but we do see JIRAs
and
 GitHub PRs come regularly in to Commons IO and Commons Lang. These are
 usually addressed in a timely fashion.

## PMC changes:

 - Last PMC addition was Bernd Eckenfels on Sat Nov 21 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Last committer addition was Loic Guibert at Wed Oct 14 2015

## Releases:

 - JEXL-3.0 was released on Sat Dec 26 2015
 - MATH-3.6 was released on Mon Jan 04 2016
 - WEAVER-1.2 was released on Mon Feb 01 2016

## JIRA activity:

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

Luc Maisonobe-2
Le 2016-03-15 20:04, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> I will file this ASAP. If you feel something should be added, do let me
> know.

> Gregory]
>
> The Apache Commons project focuses on all aspects of reusable Java
> components.
>
> The Apache Commons components are widely used in many projects, both
> within
> Apache and without. Any ASF committer can commit to Apache Commons.
>
> The last report was on December 16 2015.
>
> No issues require board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
>
> We had three (3) releases this period (see below).
>
> We are considering adding a new Commons component called Commons Crypto
> currently called Chimera (https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera). It
> is
> an
> optimized cryptographic library. It provides Java API for both cipher
> level
> and
> Java stream level to help developers implement high performance AES
> encryption/decryption with the minimum code and effort.
>
> ## Health report:
>
>  Overall project health is decent to good with 3 releases this period.
>
>  We do not have too much action on the mailing lists but we do see
> JIRAs
> and
>  GitHub PRs come regularly in to Commons IO and Commons Lang. These are
>  usually addressed in a timely fashion.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>
>  - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
>  - Last PMC addition was Bernd Eckenfels on Sat Nov 21 2015

One PMC member did leave.

> ## Committer base changes:
>
>  - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>  - Last committer addition was Loic Guibert at Wed Oct 14 2015
>
> ## Releases:
>
>  - JEXL-3.0 was released on Sat Dec 26 2015
>  - MATH-3.6 was released on Mon Jan 04 2016
>  - WEAVER-1.2 was released on Mon Feb 01 2016
>

> ## JIRA activity:
>
>  - 172 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>  - 110 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: [report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

garydgregory
That was Phil Steitz, fixed. TY.

Gary

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

garydgregory
As did Thomas Neidhart, just fixed. Ty.

Gary

--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

AW: [report] Report from the Apache Commons Project

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
What about the plan to move [Math] to TLP?

Jan