[rng] Usage of "Wiki" ?

Gilles Sadowski
Hi.

There is a Wiki link on the left side menu of the web page.

The access is (currently?) very slow (and there is of course
no content).

Looking at the Wiki main page for [Math] and [Lang], I don't
see anything that couldn't be handled by the main site and/or
JIRA.

Is it still useful to have (quite possibly contradicting and
outdated) information repeated over there?

Is it OK to remove the link from the [Rng] web page?

Re: [rng] Usage of "Wiki" ?

Stian Soiland-Reyes
+1 to remove the link - http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Math does not
contain much.

http://wiki.apache.org/commons/ contains a bit more - for some
components some useful stuff - but probably a bit out of date.

Agree that most of it should be moved to the normal web pages.

Is it possible to remove the [Wiki] links from the template for only
some of the components?

Or do we just agree to clean up this per component as we release it
(and update their web page)? (easy to forget..)

On 21 August 2016 at 14:20, Gilles <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> There is a Wiki link on the left side menu of the web page.
>
> The access is (currently?) very slow (and there is of course
> no content).
>
> Looking at the Wiki main page for [Math] and [Lang], I don't
> see anything that couldn't be handled by the main site and/or
> JIRA.
>
> Is it still useful to have (quite possibly contradicting and
> outdated) information repeated over there?
>
> Is it OK to remove the link from the [Rng] web page?

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [rng] Usage of "Wiki" ?

Gilles Sadowski
On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 15:26:14 +0100, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:

> +1 to remove the link - http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Math does not
> contain much.
>

> http://wiki.apache.org/commons/ contains a bit more - for some
> components some useful stuff - but probably a bit out of date.
>
> Agree that most of it should be moved to the normal web pages.
>

> Is it possible to remove the [Wiki] links from the template for only
> some of the components?

There is a component-specific link (in the top part of the sidebar).
That one I've removed already for "Commons Rng":
   http://commons.apache.org/rng

Gilles