[rng] prepping for release?

Rob Tompkins-2
Hello all or really just Gilles,

Is the [rng] project in a state where I can try to release it? I figure better to use myself as the guinea pig for the release plugin.

-Rob

Re: [rng] prepping for release?

Gilles Sadowski
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:23:12 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> Hello all or really just Gilles,
>
> Is the [rng] project in a state where I can try to release it?

I hope so.

> figure better to use myself as the guinea pig for the release plugin.

Please. :-)
[But see also my post about "japicmp" and CP 45.]

Gilles

> -Rob

Re: [rng] prepping for release?

Rob Tompkins

> On Mar 21, 2018, at 9:16 PM, Gilles <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:23:12 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>> Hello all or really just Gilles,
>>
>> Is the [rng] project in a state where I can try to release it?
>
> I hope so.

>> figure better to use myself as the guinea pig for the release plugin.
>
> Please. :-)
> [But see also my post about "japicmp" and CP 45.]

That’s a known issue, and is in the release notes for 45. That stacktrace is actually erroneous. And, both sebb and Gary have asked that it be fixed here:

https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/195 <https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/195>

Hopefully we’ll have that release soon.

-Rob

> Gilles
>
>> -Rob

Re: [rng] prepping for release?

Gilles Sadowski
On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:20:17 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:

>> On Mar 21, 2018, at 9:16 PM, Gilles <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:23:12 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>>> Hello all or really just Gilles,
>>>
>>> Is the [rng] project in a state where I can try to release it?
>>
>> I hope so.

>>> figure better to use myself as the guinea pig for the release
>>> plugin.
>>
>> Please. :-)
>> [But see also my post about "japicmp" and CP 45.]
>
> That’s a known issue, and is in the release notes for 45. That
> stacktrace is actually erroneous. And, both sebb and Gary have asked
> that it be fixed here:
>
> https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/195
> <https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/195>

In that link, what Sebb says "is expected", I don't think
should be for Commons RNG: what is expected (IIUC) is that
the plugin isn't even called since the profile-triggering
file is not present.

But maybe I misunderstood how this is supposed to work...

Gilles

> Hopefully we’ll have that release soon.
>
> -Rob
>

>> Gilles
>>
>>> -Rob

Re: [rng] prepping for release?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Mar 21, 2018, at 9:16 PM, Gilles <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:23:12 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> >> Hello all or really just Gilles,
> >>
> >> Is the [rng] project in a state where I can try to release it?
> >
> > I hope so.

> >> figure better to use myself as the guinea pig for the release plugin.
> >
> > Please. :-)
> > [But see also my post about "japicmp" and CP 45.]
>
> That’s a known issue, and is in the release notes for 45. That stacktrace
> is actually erroneous. And, both sebb and Gary have asked that it be fixed
> here:
>
> https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/195 <https://github.com/siom79/
> japicmp/issues/195>
>
> Hopefully we’ll have that release soon.

I see a 0.11.1 release from right around the time the patch was applied...

Gary

> -Rob
>

> > Gilles
> >
> >> -Rob

Re: [rng] prepping for release?

Rob Tompkins

> On Mar 22, 2018, at 1:37 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> On Mar 21, 2018, at 9:16 PM, Gilles <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> I hope so.

>>> Please. :-)
>>> [But see also my post about "japicmp" and CP 45.]
>>
>> That’s a known issue, and is in the release notes for 45. That stacktrace
>> is actually erroneous. And, both sebb and Gary have asked that it be fixed
>> here:
>>
>> https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/195 <https://github.com/siom79/
>> japicmp/issues/195>
>>
>> Hopefully we’ll have that release soon.
>>

> I see a 0.11.1 release from right around the time the patch was applied…

Sounds promising. Let me do some exploration in that territory. Could also accommodate my fix to COMMONSSITE-107 in the parent.

-Rob