[sandbox/OpenPGP] Encryption capabilities

[sandbox/OpenPGP] Encryption capabilities

Christopher Schultz-2

Re: [sandbox/OpenPGP] Encryption capabilities

Stefan Bodewig
On 2012-08-22, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Are there any plans or is there any interest in the sandbox's OpenPGP
> project to support encryption (or decryption)?

I think the component is pretty much dormant and wouldn't expect any
plans at all.  Feel free to revive it 8-)

> I'm building a tool on top of Apache Ant and I'd like to be able to
> support PGP operations -- specifically file encryption -- and this
> project seems like a likely place for such things to live.

Sounds right.

Stefan

Re: [sandbox/OpenPGP] Encryption capabilities

Matt Benson-2
FWIW, [openpgp] started as a brainchild of the Ant and Maven PMCs, IIRC.  :)

Matt

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2012-08-22, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>
>> Are there any plans or is there any interest in the sandbox's OpenPGP
>> project to support encryption (or decryption)?
>
> I think the component is pretty much dormant and wouldn't expect any
> plans at all.  Feel free to revive it 8-)
>
>> I'm building a tool on top of Apache Ant and I'd like to be able to
>> support PGP operations -- specifically file encryption -- and this
>> project seems like a likely place for such things to live.
>
> Sounds right.
>
> Stefan

Re: [sandbox/OpenPGP] Encryption capabilities

Dennis Lundberg-2
On 2012-08-23 16:00, Matt Benson wrote:
> FWIW, [openpgp] started as a brainchild of the Ant and Maven PMCs, IIRC.  :)

Yes, I did some local changes on it a while back, but haven't
contributed them back yet. I had grand plans to make a Maven plugin on
top of opengpg, but unfortunately haven't had the time for it yet.

> Matt
>
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 2012-08-22, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any plans or is there any interest in the sandbox's OpenPGP
>>> project to support encryption (or decryption)?
>>
>> I think the component is pretty much dormant and wouldn't expect any
>> plans at all.  Feel free to revive it 8-)
>>
>>> I'm building a tool on top of Apache Ant and I'd like to be able to
>>> support PGP operations -- specifically file encryption -- and this
>>> project seems like a likely place for such things to live.
>>
>> Sounds right.
>>
>> Stefan

Dennis Lundberg